Thread: 680i help "error connecting to drive”

680i help "error connecting to drive”

I need help and I am turning to you because I'm at my limits. Since yesterday I have a problem with my external USB drive. When I plug it in , automount does not work . I manage to mount it manually and use it but it's still pretty weird especially since I get errors in the logs . I think it's the Linux that the disc is in question.It get an error on 680i ” error connecting to drive”. Please help.

Dr. V Guest

Re: 680i help "error connecting to drive”

Device Manager and provides the types of possible resolutions . To view error codes , follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, point to Settings , then click Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel, double -click System.
    3. Click the Device Manager tab .
    4. Double-click a device type (for example, double -click Mouse) to see the devices in this category .
    5. Double-click a device to view its properties . If an error code is generated , it appears in the Device status box on the General tab . In some cases, there is a Solution button.

The driver for this device may be incorrect , or your system may lack the memory or other resources. (Code 3). To update the drivers for this device , click Update Driver . To check memory and system resources , select the properties of My Computer on the desktop ( right click), then click the Performance tab .

This code indicates that the. inf this device is incorrect or the registry is damaged. This error code is displayed if the. inf file specifies a field that instead of a text field is a binary field. In addition to the recommended suggestions , use Device Manager to remove the device and then run the Add New Hardware in Control Panel. If you still receive this error code , contact your hardware manufacturer to get a file . inf file .

This error is also indicates that the device failure is due to the absence of an arbitrator . If a device requests a resource type for which there is no referee , you will receive this error code. To resolve this problem , update the driver, or use Device Manager to remove the device and then run the Add New Hardware in Control Panel .

The message text that is displayed for this error is specific to the driver or enumerator. If the driver does not provide information on the reasons for its failure, the following message appears :The driver for this device must be reinstalled . To reinstall the drivers for this device , click Reinstall.