Thread: How to use HD Radio on Zune

How to use HD Radio on Zune

I am so happy that i have got a Zune HD as my birthday gift and i just love it. I want to ask a simple question about this player that how can i start HD Radio on Zune? Is it in the radio application itself or there is some other way to do it? I can hear the music without any problem and i know that there is nothing wrong with the player but i guess i do not know how to start HD Radio.

Re: How to use HD Radio on Zune

I think it depends on your area that you can get the HD Radio signals or not. If there would not be any such signal available then it wont be possible for you to listen HD Radio through your zune player. So first confirm that whether you can get HD signal in your area or not then try to get better signals for playing the HD radio.

Zune HD AV Dock comes with an embedded FM radio antenna, you can use the Zune HD as an HD Radio receiver for your home stereo. But it just that you must be getting the HD signals for it and not the normal one. By getting only the radio stations on your zune, You will not be able to play the HD signals of that station.
    So it is but obvious that you would not be getting the HD signals for all the stations which can stream from your Zune.

First of all you need to check on an internet that which all stations are providing the HD signals in your areas then start the radio on your Zune player. If there are many then you would be lucky to enjoy the HD radio stations on your zune but please notice that hd stations are not provided on all the places.
    Now start the radio and set the perfect frequency for it, If there is anything displayed as HD1 or 2 or 3 on your zune's screen then you just need to tap on that HD and your HD station starts.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

1. On the Zune HD home screen, tap Radio.
    2. Press and hold the tuner band beneath the frequency, then swipe your finger left or right until you come to the station that you want to listen to. If the station broadcasts in multiple streams, you'll see them on the tuner labelled, for example, "HD1" and "HD2".
    3. Tap an HD station to select it.

Listening to the HD radio have became free today if you have Zune with you. Actually this device can play the HD Radio but the problem is that your area must be able to get the HD signals of radio stations which you can check it by watching it on the screen while listening to any radio station through it. If there would HD available then its screen would be having it as HD1/HD2/HD3 and this is what you should tap for listening the same station with the HD quality.