Thread: Dell Mini 10v won't boot install from USB

Dell Mini 10v won't boot install from USB

I am using the Dell Mini 10V and i am trying to install Mac OS X 10.5 but i am unable to do the same as when i am doing the same with the USB drive and hit the F12 then in the USB Storage is not visible there. And also the BIOS is showing the '!' on the USB storage. So if any one gone through this problem please help me with this issue.

Re: Dell Mini 10v won't boot install from USB

If it is not booting up with the existing then i think that there might be some issue with the USB drive only. But can not predict anything. So first connect the same USB drive in any other computer and see whether the same issue is occurring or it is working g with the another computer. if it is not working then your device is having the problem and you need to change the same.

As per your query i think that there might be some issue with the BIOS only and that is why you are unable to get it working with the USB storage device. I will advise you to restore the BIOS to the default and then see whether you are getting the exclamation marks on the USB Storage or not. I hope this will help you.

I think that the above reply will not solve your issue with the same. So i am suggesting you to upgrade the BIOS with the latest one. As it seems that the USB is not showing the compatibility with the BIOS and that is why you are getting this error. So i will advise you to update the BIOS which might work with the USB of yours.

I have checked the USB drive in another computer and let me tell you that it is working all well without having any issue with the same so i think that the USB drive is not the Problem of mine. The USB is detectable in the another computer and does not show the exclamation mark on the same. Please provide me some more help.

Have you formatted the USB driver before attaching it to the computer. If not then first format it with the Snow Leopard DVD and then connect the same to the computer of yours and see whether you are getting it work or not. Also let us know whether it is working for you or not. If it is not working then let me know i will find some more solution for it.

Hey i don't know what was the actual problem but i have followed the same which you asked me to do and the issue got resolved. I have restored the BIOS to the default and the USB is not showing in the BIOS without having any issue. So many thanks for all your help to getting me work regarding the USB.