Thread: no audio by using HDMI Out

no audio by using HDMI Out

I am running windows xp on my machine and i am trying to use HDMI cable on this machine but there is something wrong with an audio. I can watch the video but the problem is with an audio, There is no audio. I have set HDMI out in control panel.

Re: no audio by using HDMI Out

I think you need to check that the HDMI cable which you are using to connect your TV with the Dell Mini is compatible with the TV or not. I know that this HDMI cable can work with an any laptop but it might happen that your TV would not be supporting for that kind of HDMI cable.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have seen that some TVs has a port for attaching the HDMI cable but they do no have an audio support from that port as you have to connect an another cable for getting an audio on your TV. You should check that is there any port provided as an Audio Out on your TV along with the video where you have connected the HDMI cable? If there is such an audio port then you may try connecting cable for audio as well.

There is one more possibility by which you does not get an audio but only the video on your TV when you have connected the HDMI cable between them. Actually this problem causes because of the video drivers which you have installed on your windows xp laptop. I suggest you to update the video drivers on your system and then check that the same HDMI cable works properly or not.

I think you need to do all the setting from the beginning and make sure that after you have all the drivers on your windows xp system then i suggest you to use all the ports available on your TV when your are playing any movie on your laptop. So you would come to know that which port on your TV should be used for watching movies from your TV.

I suggest you to go to the dealer from where you have bought this TV as they must be knowing the perfect way to connect it with the computer system. It would not much problematic for you to solve this problem from the dealer. Once you discuss this problem with them then it wont be your problem anymore as you would be just getting the solution from them and it wont be big deal for them to solve it.