Thread: MeeGo on a Mini9?

MeeGo on a Mini9?

I have a Dell Mini 9 netbook installed with Windows XP. Recently I heard about the new operating system known as MeeGo for the netbooks. The new operating systems has lot of features and hence I want to install the operating system on the netbook. Has anybody tried to install the operating system on Dell mini? Please share some information about the issue. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: MeeGo on a Mini9?

I had installed Meego operating system on my netbook and it was working great. The performance of the netbook had improved as it is specifically made for the netbook computing. It has many features which are not provided in the Windows operating system. I think the operating system will work properly on the Dell mini 9 as the version of the netbook is relatively new.

I have not tried using Meego but had tried Moblin which is previous version of Meego on my Dell mini 9. My dell mini worked fine on the new operating system but I was facing some problems with the wireless connection on the computer. I was not able to connect to any wireless network which were available. Apart from the wireless network, there were no major issues faced with the operating system on Dell mini.

You must have not installed the Wireless drivers separately on the new operating system and hence the wireless on the Dell mini was not working. When I had installed Moblin on my netbook, I had to download and install the drivers for the Wireless card on the computer which were supported by the Moblin operating system. Hence I will suggest that you search for the drivers for Moblin operating system and install on the computer.