Thread: EBIOS read error on Dell Mini 9

EBIOS read error on Dell Mini 9

Please help, My Dell mini 9 is not booting up. My Dell mini 9 is installed with Windows Xp on it. The mini was working fine but from past few days the mini is not booting up. Whenever the power button is pressed, it flashes an error message on the screen. The error message which is flashed is "EBIOS read error : media error Block 0xa73e0 sectors 0". I am not able to understand why I am facing such error and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: EBIOS read error on Dell Mini 9

Most of the problems which are faced by the Laptop users are faced by the user are related to the residual charge stored on the laptop. If the residual charge gets stored on the computer, it will create such problems. To clear the residual charge on the computer, shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and see if the system is booting.

You are facing such problem because of the corrupted BIOS on the laptop. The BIOS on the system is responsible for saving all the information required for the laptop to boot. Hence if the BIOS of the system is not working properly, the system will not boot. Also if you are getting the EBIOS read error which indicates the corrupted BIOS. Replace the BIOS on the system and see if the system is working properly or not.

According to me, EBIOS has nothing to do with the BIOS of the system. Any system flashes the EBIOS error when there is any hardware failure associated. I will suggest that you read the EBIOS error which is flashed properly and then troubleshoot the problem properly. You will have to replace the defective hardware on the laptop.

The hard drive of the laptop must be having some problems due to which the system is not booting. The hard drive of the computer stores all the files of the operating system. If the hard drive of the laptop is faulty, the system will not be able to access the Hard drive of the computer. Remove the hard drive and connect it to the computer. See if the hard drive gets detected or not.