Thread: No power after power failure in HP DV6815NR

No power after power failure in HP DV6815NR

Last night while working I was working on my laptop which was plugged into AC power source. The battery was disconnected from the laptop and as there was a power failure, the laptop shut down but now the laptop is not booting at all. Now when the power button is pressed, it shows that there is no power. I tried to boot the laptop with the battery connected but it did not help. How do I solve this problem? Please help.

Re: No power after power failure in HP DV6815NR

The motherboard of the laptop must have developed some faults due to which the laptop is not booting. The motherboard of the laptop controls all the functions of the computer. Hence I will suggest that you get the motherboard of the laptop checked and replaced if it is found faulty. Hopefully replacing the motherboard will solve the battery.

Take the laptop to the nearest HP service center and get it checked by the technician. I suppose that the laptop has developed some problems due to the which the laptop is not starting. Get the laptop checked and if it is faulty, get it replaced. The laptop will be replaced for free if it is covered with warranty contact.

The system RAM if not accessible by the system will lead to such problems. As there was a power failure and hence it is possible that system RAM has developed some problems. Remove the RAMs from the respective slots and clean the connecting terminals. See if the system boots. Try and booting the system with single RAM chip at a time. If for a RAM chips if the system does not boot, discard the RAM chip as it is faulty.