Thread: Dell Mini charging problem

Dell Mini charging problem

Hello,
    I need your advice regarding the laptops and their batteries. It happens that I bought a laptop about a month ago now (dell inspiron 1100 2.4 Ghz, 256 RAM and 30 GB Hdd) and right now I have a big issue with my battery. In the manual it says exactly "If the status light blinks orange Battery is fast, it is possible that the battery is defective" and that's just what happens: the light flickers 4 times Orange is the fifth time it becomes green. This is the same as the laptop works on battery or the mains. Normally when operating on the sector, the indicator should show a constant green color, it was like that at first, but after about a week, I have this flashing Journal: four orange flashes and then fast flashing green and then again 4 blinking orange and then a rapid flashing green. Any discussion on this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Dell Mini charging problem

The problem is common to many Dell notebooks. Personally, I had a battery that has been recalled following the Sony battery problem. The new, does not work (we meet regularly with the red battery periodically HS). I feel it's a pb related to mechanical wear contacts battery (removing the battery then putting it happens it loads) but I'm not sure. Before the battery recall, I removed my battery when I was on AC and it worked. My laptop has just over a year (a D810) and I have a 3 year warranty on site. I will return it to Dell. I am disappointed by the quality of this material. I was told that Dell was making good machines but I feel that it is mainly marketing and advertising. The performances are not terrible, the machine is heavy, the reliability is not there and the support is complicated.

I should add that I thought you contact Dell, but since it is a be knowledge sold me the machine, I chose to forget this option. The worst is that I received the machine with the battery and AC adapter (no cd, no manual [Elsewhere I have to take it on the net]). I could not longer require anything. In addition it is not even the person who sold me the notebook that was purchased. He just told me that the machine was new and watch it there was nothing suspicious.

I had the same problem with a colleague who had the same problem on his PC Dell Latitude D 510 has been solved the problem by re-soldering sheet input power on the motherboard and the reel. Note that to access these components must be dismantled all about a half screws. This is outrageous support Dell does not even mention the problem that is on this range is generally at least 4 PCs that our company has provided, had this defect.

I personally had the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 5150. For my part I solved it by turning my laptop on battery, when it was put to sleep because the battery was empty, I reconnected to the mains and the more flashing orange 4 times and 1 time Green. I do not guarantee anything for other phones but for mine worked here.

I am afraid you're right! Obviously it's just advertising for a battery HS after not even 6 months is more than disappointing. Well! for the moment I manage with what I have. The autonomy of my Battery is down to less than 10 minutes and as if that was not enough, it turns out that when I can no longer work on the sector because it fails to load even more. So if by chance I pull out the plug, it dies net. She has already done before, I removed the battery, I left dehord and the next day she could once again take charge. I hope this time if I redo the same thing. Finally, it is up to her.

I also have the same problem "flashing battery indicator" (Dell D160), but determined 3 minutes ago. !
    I did the following system (thanks to previous post):

1 / PC extinguished - Remove the battery from its location
    2 / Connect the laptop on AC
    3 / Turn on the PC
    4 / Replace the battery once the Windows session open.

There may be more academic or more simple, but this worked for me manip
    Here I hope it can help you, it is true that the flashing orange x 4 - Green is very annoying.