Thread: Dell laptop bios recovery failed

Dell laptop bios recovery failed

Hello,
    I have a dell mini laptop with me and it was working properly. The problem started when I tried to update the bios and now it is just not starting. The error I get is failed recovery, bad checksum. I have no idea what errors mean? If you can help me with this it would be great. Thank you.

Re: Dell laptop bios recovery failed

I wanted to flash my BIOS but when I restarted my computer, it crashes and it says CMOS CKECKSUM Bad, Press F1 to change BIOS settings. I did the technical Jumper and battery power. He then asked me to change the time but when I save the info, the computer restarts and return on CMOS Checksum bad.

I saw that I have a AMI BIOS and there is a technique for recovery of emergency. Just press CTRL + HOME and motherboard automatically searches the floppy drive for a file to replace AMIBOOT.ROM the BIOS on the motherboard.

I have done according to these steps:

1. Formatting a disk completely new
    2. In the disk, the BIOS Metttre you want in flash. ROM. BIN and rename AMIBOOT.ROM
    3. Boot computer and press CTRL + HOME
    4. The computer then started looking into the floppy
    5 It myself out so that it can not find the file and the sytem needs to close.

"RECOVERY FAILED"
    FLASH ROM NOT DETECTED
    SYSTEM HAILED

The motherboard does not recognize the file. ROMs and can not do flashing emergency. I do not know how so please help me.

The battery (it's not a battery) has been delivered in the right direction?

"RECOVERY FAILED"
    FLASH ROM NOT DETECTED
    SYSTEM HAILED

Means that the flash memory that has not been found (actually a block or are incoherent). Can you explain in detail the creation of an AUTOEXEC.BAT. I do not see the point, what is needed is to create a bootable floppy disk with another PC format with boot option.

I unplugged my hard drive and now it can boot from the floppy and MIRACLE: clap: when I booted the floppy, I plug my keyboard and it works. I flashed the bios using DOS bootable floppy with the program AFUDOS. Where I come to flash, the computer tells me ERROR and can not continue at the Clearing bios on the chip. It happens the same thing. I checked I do not have a BIOS PROTECTION activated JUMPER, in the BIOS. So how can it flash. My keyboard is PS2. This is not making that fails because when I plug it works in the bios but the computer does not boot on hard disk or CD-ROM or floppy disk. Then when I unplugged it boot but it continues to say CMOS checksum BAD. Perhaps with a USB keyboard but I'm not sure it works on the BIOS

Yes the battery has only one meaning, but as I already experienced the problem on a pc. Especially not with a USB keyboard, it is they who regularly block the boot when they are poorly recognized. This confirms the reason for the failure of the bios recovery procedure, I'm afraid that your flash rom no longer erasable, this also explains the impossibility of lasting change bios settings.

I tried the command AFUDOS /bios.rom / nn and it is not working.
    The command is true
    Code:
    a: \ afu408 BIOS.ROM \ p \ b \ n \ c \ reboot
    and the program gets underway. Here's what myself out

Flash or protection of the flash frozen "on". Last chance by disconnecting all the power connectors on the motherboard, the battery and then going carefully over all component pins a sheet of aluminum to eliminate any potential reactions. If failure of flashing again, is the solution to extract the flash (if it is not welded) and have it copied on a flash new.