Thread: HP Pavilion dv4000 not charging battery

HP Pavilion dv4000 not charging battery

I am having an issue which is regarding the battery problem in the HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop. The battery of my device is not charging. I have also gone through the HP diagnostic but it tell that battery is working properly. The AC power is on but the blue LED light is not coming. I am worried about the system that this is the issue of the battery or caused by any other thing. So please let me know about the same. Thank you.

Re: HP Pavilion dv4000 not charging battery

The battery might be got corrupted which is not responding with the device of yours and you are getting the error with the same. I will advise you to buy a new battery from the HP store which is having the compatibility with the device of yours. And check that it is working for you or not. Hope this will help you. Thanks

Actually i have bought this battery recently from Aftermarket as my previous battery was not working fine with the device of mine and i had to replace the same with the new one. I am not having money to go with the HP one to i have got it from the Aftermarket. But getting this issue. Hope if any one can help me.

As you are telling that the battery which you have got is aftermarket then let me tell you that the battery which you have bought up might be not the compatible one for your device and when you are trying to charge it showing you non functionality with the Adapter. So it is better you should go with the original one.

I agree with the Goatape. You should always go with the genuine part always which is more reliable then the one which you have got from the Aftermarket. The Original parts always comes with the warranty. So withing that period of you got it not working then you can claim for new one. But in the aftermarket you will not get any warranty. so go with the genuine product.

I will advise you to check the Adapter of your device whether it is charging or not. Connect the Charger to any other device and see whether you are getting it working or not. If not then i will advise you take the battery to the dealer from where you have bought and ask him to replace the same as it is not responding.

As per your problem it seems that the problem is in your device. The previous battery is also not responding and the new on which you bought up recently is also not working then i will advise you to check whether the Charging port os functioning properly or not. It is better to contact the HP regarding this issue and let then solve your problem.