Thread: Dell mini bios update

Dell mini bios update

Hello,
    I have only one simple question, is the bios update necessary for a computer. I have dell min and I have seen on the dells official site that an update for the bios is available there. Now, should I do the update. Is it really required? and if it is required then how to I update or setup the new bios? So, guys please explain me what are the advantages if I update the bios? Thank you.

Re: Dell mini bios update

Dell offers a new BIOS for the netbook, it is supposed to resolve a few small details, like the poor recognition of some batteries, can choose a battery warning threshold from 4 to 7% before the alarm and no criticism audible signal when the battery reaches this threshold. Finally, the resolution of Windows startup seems to be good now. If you're on Windows, nothing complicated, just download the software update under Windows DELL and double click it which will give you access to the image and the automatic flash on your machine.

Attention sure in all cases to be well below the sector and not only in the battery. Read the instructions on the screen and follow the step by step. The preparation software will format your USB key so it is imperative to make a backup of any data stored on it. So, if you have very low knowledge about bios setup then please do not update it.

Setup bios on the Dell Mini 9
    - Turn your Dell Mini if not yet done.
    - Insert "BOOTUSB" in the right port, and the second key in the left port of the Dell Mini.
    - Start your Dell Mini and press F2 (or F10) to access the Bios settings.
    - Go to the tab "Advanced" and select "USB Legacy Support BIOS, and disable" USB Wake Support ".
    - Go to the tab "Boot", select "USB Storage" and press F6 to make it back to the top of the list (please read the information right, they can help you because there may be a "USB Storage "is disabled. Do not worry, everything is written in the right column).
    - Same as previous for "Hard Drive" (name may change but it must be your main hard drive).
    - Then go to the tab "Exit" and select "Exit Saving Changes".
    - The Dell Mini restarts. Leave it to ...
    - You should be prompted to press "Enter", then choose a boot device in double digits. Type: "81".
    - You should see your USB drive containing the installer for Mac OS X. Press "Enter". If this is not the case, press "Escape" and type "80" instead of "81".
    - After a few seconds, the setup of the Mac OS X appears. Choose your language and then proceed to the next step.
    - In the next step does not go away. Click the "Utilities" menu and select "Disk Utility".
    - In the window that appears, select your main hard drive.
    - Click the tab "Partition". In the left menu select "1 Partition.
    - In the "Name" enter "Mac OS X HDD" and choose in the "format": "Mac OS Extended (journaled)".
    - Do not touch anything else.
    - Click "Options" and select "GUID".
    - Then click on "Apply". Formatting starts. It can last a long time, do not ...
    - Once the formatting is complete, quit Disk Utility and proceed to the next stage of the installation.
    - Do not choose the typical installation but installation Personalized: click on "Customize" and uncheck all the boxes, then confirm.
    - The installation should take approximately 30-45 minutes (in my case), but can be longer. Be patient ...
    - Once completed, you may encounter a message indicating that the installation failed. No matter!
    - Reboot.

If you are a Mac os x user then you can follow this for updates

- Install the update 10.5.7 (download then from the officials site)
    - Install the file "MacOSXUpd10.5.7.dmg. The installation period at least one hour in my case, do not cut!
    - Once completed, a restart is required.
    - If all goes well, and that rebooting is no problem, I suggest strongly to restart a second time.
    - Now you have your Dell Mini 9 Mac OS X 10.5.7.

Well yes but there would need to compare what is comparable! "
    Celeron -> Dual Core
    1.5 Ghz -> 2.5 Ghz (do not forget to specify that the value of GHz dual core does not reflect the same value with the "old" processor. Your double heart must be run at 8 or 9 GHz equivalent former
    Classic SD -> solid state
    512 RAM (333Mhz certainly) -> 666 or 800Mhz 4GB

Most manufacturers provide images to put on a bootable USB key with upper qqchose like FreeDOS, a text version of WinFlash already exists and the image to flash the bios. It should not be a magician for Dell to do what HP has already, unless you want to continue the retreat in share market forces to block users on this kind of detail beast? However, recovering the binary, a WinFlash back and freedos, it should be possible to do that is even paying attention, if Dell is going to be back in for repair because of errors has forced users to find solutions in their place.

Hello everyone,
    Sorry to dig up this very old post but I'm just an owner of XPS M1330 with SSD Samsung RBX 128GB. My XPS eight months and the disc is a first generation SSD, ie without TRIM, with an old pre-Controller samsung PB22J. Today responsiveness of my laptop is moved from a state "miraculous" to a state equivalent to a HDD ago 3 / 4 years. Well I did not run benchmark recently and therefore can not give you accurate flow but it is not it. Do you know how to restore the SSD to regain its performance from the factory? An equivalent of sanitary erase from OCZ, a wiper (TRIM Indilinx house) or other quick fix? The Dell support page offers update the firmware for the 32GB version and 64GB SSD. Do you know where to find an update for the 128GB version? In advance thank you for your help.

For. EXE: yes I have not seen it like that. Dell does not provide the BIOS "naked" for the moment but only packed in. EXE DOS / Windows. So I have no way of reflashing 100% Linux. On the other hand, PCs running Windows it is easier than machines with Ubuntu