Thread: Dell Mini SSD update

Dell Mini SSD update

Hello,
    I recently purchased a Dell mini with 128GB SSD. Currently, only 4 manufacturers engaged in mass disks of this capacity:

- Mtron
    - MemoryRight
    - Samsung
    - Sandisk
    I guess I am correct with them. Do you know what brand the team 128GB SSD on Dell? Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Dell Mini SSD update

Are you talking about the DSS of 128 family. I went on Dell's site and so it is recent. The worst is that there are too expensive for the difference between 64GB and 128GB So I think it should be less powerful, I think this suggestion should help you? I can not answer more for your question as there are no more information or rather no products are available.

Thank you for your suggestion, I actually did it before. Furthermore, I have been very patient with this trade which incidentally was completely new to the computer language but this is not the subject of this thread. Otherwise I'll bet on a Samsung. This raises the problem of nomenclature on the site which entitles DELL 128GB SATAII SSD Ultra Performance, whereas there is evidence that the MLC is much less efficient than the SLC team that the version of 64GB SSD Dell.

Description SATA2 128GB Samsung SSD
    The test of the 64 gb. Test Samsung 64 GB SSD, from my side, with HD Tune

Blocksize: 1MB
    Min: 90MB / s
    Max: 185MB / s
    Average: 154MB / s (confirmed with SiSoft Sandra)
    Weighted average, I get about 170MB / s.

For reference, two 10,000 rpm SCSI drives in raid 0 mounted in 120mb/sec provide peak
    Discovery: the blocksize less than 16kb, the speed drops drastically between 25 and 40kb / s, indicating that the DSS will manage less well small files. I think this is what you need.

You can try this now. I spend a 1.5ghz celeron, 40GB HDD, 512MB of RAM to my current setup and I an very happy. Boot speed- Vista Home Premium: 37s probably less after my next clean install and if you are going to use windows 7 it will be even more less. I think you should purchase this one.