Thread: Dell Mini USB WiFi adapter

Dell Mini USB WiFi adapter

Hello,
    I own a dell mini laptop and I am connected to the dial up connection. Now that internet has grown the speed of my internet is slow for me. I need a good usb wifi adapter so that I can get a good speed and also that will be portable for me, that is I can carry it with me any time any where. So, my question is which are the good usb wifi adapters? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Dell Mini USB WiFi adapter

The TRENDnet TEW 644UB is a Wireless-N USB adapter that lets you connect your laptop or desktop wireless speed and reliability. Enjoy a higher speed 8x and 4x coverage wider scope than a wireless connection. Put your computer up to date and enjoy a higher rate than that of a wireless G? Installation is a snap with the technology WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). The wireless encryption protects your valuable data points. The MIMO antenna, at the cutting edge, provides transmission speeds offered by the fastest wireless N. Stream media files, download files, play games and talk online with no downtime when you are connected to a wireless router N.

Belkin 54G Wireless USB - F5D7050. The Wireless G, or 802.11g, is a networking standard that transfers data at up to 54 Mbps using the 2.4 GHz band. It is ideal for small homes that are seeking a versatile solution for downloading music, sharing pictures and other files without wired connections between computers. The Belkin Wireless G is ideal for Internet browsing and email.

Do you know models for Mac compatible wireless USB adapter? The Airport card in my Mac is dead, but I do not want to waste my Mac too long. So the one which you guys have suggested (above), can they also work with my mac laptop? If yes then please let me know so that I can purchase one. Thank you waiting for your reply.

I use D-Link on my old PowerBook G3 Airport without maps. It works perfectly. Install CD with extender, USB stick and user manual are provided. I think even you should go with this one, i would like to suggest you this as I use it and have a good experience with it. I guess you will make a decision soon.

It exists, but it is moderately effective and not seen as an Airport card, need dedicated drivers. If you got a laptop with an expansion slot (ExpressCard or PCCard), maps based on Broadcom chips are functional without pilots, as a card Apple.

I use a PCMCIA card but I just bought this adapter BELKIN WIRELESS USB. Indeed, for the reception a bit weak, the USB can be placed anywhere a bit including the cover for the outside. which is very convenient. No problem to install, not even read the instructions