Thread: HP Compaq NX9030 Laptop hard drive capacity

HP Compaq NX9030 Laptop hard drive capacity

I have an Hp Compaq NX9030 Laptop and the system is been installed with Windows 7. I have an issue with the hard drive as it is not functioning well and processing as required. My hard drive is causing some error and due to which I am not able to perform well for the task. Please do help me out by giving me the information regarding the capacity that I can make use. I am planning to replace it.

Re: HP Compaq NX9030 Laptop hard drive capacity

As per the system it seems that you have Intel 855 chipset. For your information to run a drive larger than 137 gigs it is essential that you need support for 48bit LDA in chipset also with respect to BIOS and Operating system. So you need to check out for the ailments that needs to be fulfilled. As they will then be able to cope with the system as needed. So it will be helpful. Do check out.

There is another way through which you can make the necessary change or perform as needed and that is by contacting the Hp Support. they will surely let you to get to a better solution and make the desired change as required. It will be helpful and you may then process for it as well. So get the things to execute well and function as needed. It will be helpful and sort for the thing as needed. I hope you may need to work.

I had the same issue and I got it worked well by connecting 160 GB hdd. I use the same now and that too without any issue,. The only things is that I need to check the disk activity light because the new drive is sooo quiet. The other things are quite ok and runs without any issue or problem well. It will be helpful and I suppose this will surely check and make the changes as needed.

Yes you can make the storage device of 160 GB which would be easily compatible and you can thus process for the same. It will be very much helpful and you can thus process for the same. So do work and make it work as required. It will be helpful for you. Do process for the thing and make the aspect as needed. You then work as required. I hope it will be helpful.