Thread: iPhone 4 : Error 9 on Restore

iPhone 4 : Error 9 on Restore

By connecting my Iphone 4 to my PC, iTunes is open , me and reported that a new firmware was available (version 2.2.1). So I clicked on " Update " and for ten minutes, he downloaded , installed and synchronized my iPhone, but after this, he said that a restoration is required , Unfortunately , I try in vain for the past several hours to restore it, and I still have the same error, error 13. I uninstalled and reinstalled the LAST update of Itunes , I did manipulation buttons for reboot and still the same. If anyone has a solution, Please update.

Re: iPhone 4 : Error 9 on Restore

It is the same thing happen yesterday but I wanted to make a restoration of a jailbreack 2.2.1 and then go on the 3.0 , so I try to spend as you dfu mode on and off but the ralummer it does not work and it starts with a few seconds with the apple logo and then it always falls on the usb + itunes !
    1. Extinguished your iphone
    2. Unplugged your USB cable connected to your iphone
    3. Closes completely your itunes ( did a tour in the task manager and end the process )
    4. Connect your USB cable connected to your iphone

Clear your backups from iTunes (The Save manually to another folder ). And make sure that all your applications are updated.
    These steps have not always proved necessary.
    In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences. Click the Devices tab. Click on the name of your iPhone . Then "Delete Backup " .
    - Disable automatic syncing ( Uncheck " Automatic Sync ").
    Last edited by Venator; 27-06-2010 at 05:22 AM.

When you try to update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch with iTunes,the process of updating or restoration may stop and a warning message may appear on iTunes . You may also appear on the screen 'Connect to iTunes "on your iPhone or iPod Touch : The warning that appears on iTunes can also include one of the following (partial list ): 2 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 9 , 13 , 14 , -18 , 19 , 20 , 21, 23, 28 , -48, -50 1002 , 1011 , 1013, 1015 , 1601 , 1602 , 1603 , 1604, 1608, 1609, 1611 , 1612 , 1639 , 2009 , 3004, 3013 , 3014 , 3015 , 9807, -9808 , 9844. Affected Products - iTunes 7 for Mac , iTunes 7 for Windows , iPhone , iPod touch , iTunes 9, iPad , iTunes 8 for Windows , iTunes 8 for Mac , iPod touch ( 2nd generation) , Windows 7, Windows Vista , Windows XP.

You can solve many problems of restoration following the troubleshooting procedures in this document.
    Minimize all sections | Expand all sections
    Install the latest version of iTunes
    Restart your computer
    Open the appropriate ports and allow access to Apple's servers
    USB Troubleshooting
    Complete restoration on another computer
    Advanced Procedure
    iPhone ~ / Library / iTunes / iPhone Software Updates
    iPod touch ~ / Library / iTunes / iPod Software Updates
    Note : The tilde "~ " represents your home directory .
    iPhone C: \ Documents and Settings \ [ username ] \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPhone Software Updates
    iPod touch C : \ Documents and Settings \ [username ] \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPod Software Updates
    Note: If you do not see the Application Data folder you may need to display hidden files .
    iPhone C : \ Users \ [username ] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPhone Software Updates
    iPod touch C: \ Users \ [ username ] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPod Software Updates
    Note : If you do not find the AppData folder, you may need to show Hidden Files .
    Specific Error Codes and Resolutions.
    Suspension of the restoration process .

You can also Contact Apple. references to websites and party products are provided for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation by Apple. Apple assumes no responsibility regarding the selection , performance or use of the information or products found on third party websites . Apple provides this information only for the convenience of its users . Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representation as to its accuracy or reliability . There are dangers inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet , and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that such third party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website . Please contact the vendor for additional information
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey there, I kept getting error 9 as well and tried all the things in the forums & on the Apple website, and none of it worked. I finally just tried doing a hard reset on the phone itself by holding down the sleep/wake button (at the top of the phone) and the Menu button (the one with the little rounded square) and tried to do the update again and it updated/restored fine. I am using windows 7 and iTunes 9.2 I had to resynch my music and stuff again but at least its working now! I hope this helps you all

Patrick <3
    Last edited by Maqbool; 18-07-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.