Thread: iPhone 4 screen has low brightness

iPhone 4 screen has low brightness

I have recently got my iPhone 4 and i have noticed nothing problematic but bit unsatisfying thing on this phone. One of my cousin brother have iPhone 3G and i have compared my phone with his one and saw that my phone's brightness was bit dull then his. What is a problem here?

Re: iPhone 4 screen has low brightness

I have just gone through the specifications of an iPhone 4 as well as iPhone 3G. I have seen that Phone 4 has maximum brightness of 500 cd/m2 and iPhone 3 has 250 cd/m2. Now according to the specifications, Brightness on your iPhone 4 must be more then that of an iPhone 3G. I think you should check the brightness settings on your iPhone 4 as there might be something set to the low brightness.

I have seen the same problem on my iPhone 4 as its brightness of the display screen was getting dull anytime but what looks crazy that it gets proper after some time automatically. Now it has became difficult for me to show this problem to the mobile dealer.

It might happen that the battery of your iPhone have got weak and it is not able to provide an enough power to your phone even if it has been charged upto its full limits. You should give a check to your phone's battery that is it in the proper condition or not or else you have to change the battery with the new one.

I guess you should first try to solve this issue by setting up the brightness on your screen. Go to the Settings and then to Brightness and adjust it. If an Auto-Brightness would be enabled then also you might have to change a bit as it depends on the current lighting conditions.

The automatic locking of the iPhone may be uncomfortable for some . In this regard , an application has appeared on the CydiaStore , it is called ScreenDimmer . His function is to automatically reduce the brightness of the screen , thus reducing energy consumption. The application can be configured to be operational in some cases and with very specific settings.

Hello guys I just joined to say that I have the same issue as well. I noticed this over the weekend because with my 3g I had my brightness low to conserve battery and it was still viewable. With the iPhone 4 not so much

Pictured from left to right (ipod Touch 1g, 3G, and i4)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/DSC03089.jpg

I called Apple and they told me it shouldn't be like that to perform a restore to see if it fixes the issue if not theyll replace it. I asked a buddy of mine to check and he says his iPhone 4 is the same. I'm gonna go to the apple store to compare.

It some setting in iphone due to which you are facing issue. It can be a screen fault also. You can go in settings and try to increase or decrease brightness. Try to adjust that from there. The phone is new and don't waste time. Just call up Apple and ask for replacement. At least you can show that to a services center for any issue.