Thread: Updating iPod Touch to iOS4.0

Updating iPod Touch to iOS4.0

I am having an issue which i need to solve. Actually i am having the problem in updating the iPod touch with the iOS 4.0. When i am trying to update the iPad with the iOS 4 at that it first goes to backup the device. But it keeps backing up for 7 hour and does not resume of updating the device. So if any one can help me with the proper solution for updating of the iPod Touch

Re: Updating iPod Touch to iOS4.0

I think that there is some problem with the device of your. As i have update to the iOS 4.0 without having any issue. I have update the iPod Touch in four hour. It completed the backup and the installation in only in Four hour and after that my device is working with the new OS. So i think you should check your device or the internet connection for the same.

As per my knowledge the back up should have to complete in not more then 1 hour but in some cases i have seen that the device is taking more then 9 hour which i think that is your problem too. Keep you device for updating to new OS for more then 9 hour and see whether the issue got resolved or not. Thanks

If it is not yet updating then i will advise you to make a hard reset of the device and after that try to installed the new OS in the same. But before that just take the back up of all the data from the iTunes and the reset this will keep you data safe and that you can restore later on. I hope this will work.

Hey thanks for the reply that you have given to me regarding the updating problem of mine. But let me tell you that i am not aware of the reset of the iPod Touch which you have asked me to do so that i can perform the reset and the updating of the iPod Touch. So please let me know how to reset the iPod Touch.

Its very easy that requires some of the effort to perform the reset of the iPod Touch. All you have to do is to go through the below given link which is having then description regarding then resetting and restoring of the iPod Touch, So just go through the below given link.
    How to Erase and Restore ipod touch
    How to reset iPod ?
    How to Reboot or Reset an iPod Touch

If your issue is not yet resolved and you are still having the same problem then let me tell you that the best you can get from the Apple. Just take your device to the Apple Store and then let them know about your issue. I think as they are the manufacturer they can help you more then any one else. So do as i said. Thanks