Thread: How to put an iTunes playlist shortcut on desktop

How to put an iTunes playlist shortcut on desktop

I have made a playlist over the last some years on my computer titled as "My_lovable_songs" - a 12-hour mix that my wife and I play on random using WMP, I was able to make an M3U playlist, that I could then have as a shortcut on the desktop.. I have yet to looking for a method to do that with iTunes.I have tried to get the ways for the playlist 'file' is to copy it to the desktop but found nothing regarding this .

Recently, on a Mac system in the computer lab , I got a playlist as the shortcut on the desktop, so I was sure that it is possible (at least for Macs) - how do I perform this on a computer system ??

Re: How to put an iTunes playlist shortcut on desktop

I didn't got this to be happened before, even on my mac PC and I unable to figure out how to do it. I am sure how to export it as a text or XML file, but not how to create a short cut of the playlist in iTunes...

If you are already part of the Mobster then you can submit playlists to the site that when clicked on will begins to play in your iTunes. A program known as clutter can snap albums onto your desktop to start playing when clicked on that. I don't have an proper idea , if other programs or ways exist.

how do I make a shortcut to open particular playlist in Windows ? I desired to use my Harmony remote control to open that created shortcut. I have entire common programed like Ctrl Alt A, Ctrl Alt B, Ctrl Alt C, etc etc. Currently, all I can do is to just open the iTunes generically. I googled a lot and finding about some solutions for Mac, but nothing got for Windows. What's the deal? please suggest me ???

There is simple method to do it in windows as I don't have any idea regarding the Mac. If you wanted to make the shortcut on the windows desktop then you should go through the following procedure..

1- Right click on your Computer's desktop
    2- Choose "New" and then choose "shortcut"
    3- Browse for program-- IYC [for you should be "iTunes"],

If you have your iTunes music playlist specified @ external hard disk, just point the program shortcut browser there! its that simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Itronix View Post
    There is simple method to do it in windows as I don't have any idea regarding the Mac. If you wanted to make the shortcut on the windows desktop then you should go through the following procedure..

1- Right click on your Computer's desktop
    2- Choose "New" and then choose "shortcut"
    3- Browse for program-- IYC [for you should be "iTunes"],

If you have your iTunes music playlist specified @ external hard disk, just point the program shortcut browser there! its that simple!

I am not getting in the last part of your post ? "if you have your iTunes music playlist specfied@ external hard disk , just point the program shortcut browser there".........Please suggest me to get it if this way would be helpful for me to make the shortcut to open particular playlist. And if so is this built into itunes or through the third party scripting machanism ?

Launch the iTunes, suggest the playlist which you need to open, right click on this and select Export. You need to use the file format of XML. From the Shortcut, where you got "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" you can associate a space with the location to your XML file. So the shortcut reads: "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" "D:\Playlists\My Favorite Playlist.xml" with the help of this short cut will open up the iTunes into that playlist. Press Play and this will play.