Thread: iTunes Music Library file unknown error (-50)

iTunes Music Library file unknown error (-50)

I am moving around a cycle of never ending errors when I installed the iTunes for my computer system . The error continuously coming up as :
    "The iTunes Music Library file cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-50)."
    I have tried all the way and removed my iTunes directory and perform the restoration of my library from an previous backup xml file and uninstalled the Musicmatch software. Anyone got this issue before and any solution .. please help me !!!

Re: iTunes Music Library file unknown error (-50)

I continuously getting these errors and its looking weired as hell. I am running with this before one ween and tried to get the solution for this. What's up, can anybody help ? I am starting to think my days on iTunes are properly over. Is there a good computer software which can share on a iTunes network ?? Or any method through which I can stop such type of errors and difficulties here ?

I am a computer user and installed iTunes 7.3, I have been troubleshooting for a while and got nothing that can be applied to get the solution. I can't add songs or movies, my system is running on..

Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+,MMX,3DNow ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    SoundMAX HD Audio
    A number of fixes for "iTunes library cannot be saved. An unknown error came up (-50)" are for macs and I need help for my machine , please help me guys ???

I found some solution for this error and I am sure it would be helpful for you guys . I have installed Windows 2000, but according to me,it would be fine for any Windows version system.

1. Just be sure that iTunes is closed.
    2. Go to the My Documents/My Music/iTunes/iTunes* (2 files, *.itl, and *.xml) to Desktop
    3. Launch the iTunes application , it will make the two files above.
    4. In iTunes: File :: Import...
    5. Choose .xml instead of text.
    6. Choose the iTunes Music Library.xml

ITunes stopped complaining now.

Thanks to you all for considering my questions..After getting your post, I have replaced the XML file near about ten times which I have already done and have even moved to done the rebuilding of my library from scratch. But it consumes near about two hours for the issue to re-emerge. iTunes is now getting useless for me. I can't believe I spend my $500 for this stuff and the software doesn't even perform at all . Apple sucks.

I suspect the reality that it doesn't work upon your POS system is NOT a reflection on Apple. The fact that pbox contains the capability to resolve his leads me to believe that the issue was mostly his system and this is not getting generated by iTunes. He at least asked for support and resolved his issue and is now trying to suggest you with some help. I would say if anything, your POS system SUCKS!