Thread: Disc Recording not found

Disc Recording not found

Whenever, I try to write a playlist onto a disk to play the same in my car, I clicked on the burn button and after making the click , it always come on to the top and says that "Disc Recording not found...". Does anybody have any idea what that could indicate ? What's wrong going on with my itunes and how do I resolve this ? I am going on a tour next day and would like to go with this disk to play in the travelling .

Re: Disc Recording not found

I am unable to burn the disk using itunes . iTunes occurs some error message as "Disc recording not found" after I right click a playlist and select burn playlist to disc. Also when I launch the itunes it comes up with a warning message and says that

"The registry settings used by the itunes drivers for importingand burning cd's and dvds are missing. Please reinstall itunes."

I am unable to find any "reinstall" button or option in the itunes application . Also not getting any way to unistall the itunes. There is no "uninstall" option within the itunes tab on the start menu or when I right click the icon.

Fine, It is indicating that you are going something wrong to burn the disk. Judging from the wording, According to me, you didn't insert the blank disc into your system before going to burn the play list onto this . Fine here are some suggestion through which you can commit the process
    • Create your playlist
    • Insert the blank disk into the computer
    • Press the burn button
    • And wait for the songs to be load!

Dr. V Guest

"The registry settings used by the itunes drivers for importingand burning cd's and dvds are missing. Please reinstall itunes."
    With this type of situation, you need to first make a reboot and repair.You also need to restart your machine which is so important and then do a repair install of iTunes.

Move to your "Add or Remove Programs" control panel,choose iTunes, click "Change" and then click "Repair". Does iTunes get open without the error message ? If you are going successfully then you need to go for the checking of the device filter conflict in your registry...

From the start menu, click on the run menu and type the regedit and then click on OK.

1-Click the plus sign right after HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand the tree.
    2-Click on the plus mark after SYSTEM.
    3-Click on the plus mark after CurrentControlSet.
    4-Click on the plus mark after Control.
    5-Click on the plus mark after Class.
    6-Click to choose the title which starts {4D36E965- (don't click the plus sign here).
    7-From the File menu, click on the Export.
    8-From the dialog box which opens, be sure that the "Selected branch" radio button is choose and save the file at some location that you can find this .
    9-Right-click onto the LowerFilters key and from the shortcut menu, click Delete.
    10-Right-click the UpperFilters entry and from the shortcut menu, click on the Modify.
    11-Choose the all of the contents of the text in the Value data text section.
    12-Right-click the selected text and from the shortcut menu, click on the Cut.
    13-Type GEARAspiWDM and issue enter key.Issuing enter key adds a carriage return in the section and is necessary.
    14-Click on the OK.
    15-Reboot the machine.