Thread: Streamed audio with iPhone via wireless modem

Streamed audio with iPhone via wireless modem

I do not yet have an iPhone.

I listen to streamed audio (radio stations) a lot on the Internet.

Can an iPhone pick up my internet connection from my domestic wireless router, and enable me to listen to streamed audio on it without running up additional phone bills? i.e., in this respect can it function as a substitute for my MacBook?

Possible?

Thanks.

Tim
    Last edited by timo; 24-06-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: screwed up title - should be router not modem

For 'modem' in subject line read 'router'

Router not modem.

Early morning brain fog.

Re: Streamed audio with iPhone via wireless modem

I dont think that by connecting your iphone to your macbook will let you surf to the internet via internet connection from your modem. However, there are some direct software available for iphone to play free streaming internet radio on your iPhone, once which is called Tuner. With a robust set of features and a huge selection of streams, you're sure to find the music you love with Tuner.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by bon-z View Post
    I dont think that by connecting your iphone to your macbook will let you surf to the internet via internet connection from your modem. However, there are some direct software available for iphone to play free streaming internet radio on your iPhone, once which is called Tuner. With a robust set of features and a huge selection of streams, you're sure to find the music you love with Tuner.
    Ah - that may or may not be what I need. I don't want to connect the phone with the MacBook - I just want the phone to pick up the internet connection from the router. For example the BBC website offers a live stream of all the domestic radio stations. That's what I want to pick up with the iPhone. Tuner may only offer the streams that Tuner has chosen ... ?

Tim

In my case I use a wifi application on my iphone to detect a wifi network. It is quiet easy to configure the same with the application. The best is wi-finder. WiFinder is a program that can easily detect the presence of WiFi networks with their iPhone. Networks detected are listed with their name, signal strength and type of security key used. Open networks are listed first and closed networks protected by WEP or WPA are listed next.

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    In my case I use a wifi application on my iphone to detect a wifi network. It is quiet easy to configure the same with the application. The best is wi-finder. WiFinder is a program that can easily detect the presence of WiFi networks with their iPhone. Networks detected are listed with their name, signal strength and type of security key used. Open networks are listed first and closed networks protected by WEP or WPA are listed next.
    Thanks Odalis. This sounds like what I would need.