Thread: iTunes: time "not available" when import cd

iTunes: time "not available" when import cd

I searched entirely everywhere and I couldn't seem to get anything which addressed the issue because I am running with itunes, but I think, somebody might be capable to help me now .

I also tried to import so mnay disks (commercial disks which I bought) into my itunes library and everytime, it will import the disk but the time will display as "not available." My ipod will buzz via the songs as if they were each 0:00 minutes long. i have also reinstalled the itunes, playing with the preferences, etc, but I am unable to get to figure out what I am going incorect. Does anyoneI looked all over this board and I couldn't seem to find anything that addressed the problem I'm having with itunes, but I hope someone might be able to help.

I have tried to import several cds (commercial cds that I purchased) into my itunes library, and each time it will import the cd -- but the time will show as "not available." My ipod will buzz through the songs as if they were each 0:00 minutes long. I've tried reinstalling itunes, playing with the preferences, etc, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any somebody have any advice regarding this ?

Re: iTunes: time "not available" when import cd

I also running with the same issue ! Is there a fix regarding this ?? I have just completed ripping two different books on disk I purchased at the store and the third one and currently has not available in the Time column. What configuration do I require in Options, Get Info, View and many more.? I am new guy for handling the functionality of iTunes application. So I could really use an expert out there! Do you have anymore suggestion for this

I got the solution for this problem , to turn off the "use error collection when reading audio CDs" in import settings, and it will go in proper way !You can also go for this way suggested below :

1- Click on the "import settings"
    2- Then after click on the drop down menu stated as "Import Using"
    3- Choose "MP3 Encoder"

This was finished in addition to choosing the box stated as "use error correction when reading audio cds"

You should go for the following suggested steps if iTunes for Windows detects an audio CD but unable to play this or doesn't play music which you have imported from an audio disk. Sometimes ,the iTunes showing to import music from the audio disk but the made tracks has no music and have a time of 0:00.

Disable the option tagged as "Use error correction when reading Audio CDs"

1- Open up your iTunes.
    2- Select Edit => Preferences.
    3- Click the General tab then after click on the Importing configuration button.
    4- Disable the option as "Use error correction when reading Audio CDs" if it is already enabled .

AMD - I did everything you said. It didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by nancy4366 View Post
    AMD - I did everything you said. It didn't work.
    First of all, you need to tell us your exact issue faced by itunes software prolly, be specific and give us exact details. Secondly, have you tried reinstalling Itunes in your computer or laptop again, please give us your computer specifications as well. If you face the exact same problem as discussed in this topic then try to turn off the "use error collection when reading audio CDs" in import settings as said by AMD.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

exact issue faced by itunes software prolly (what is a prolly?)

My exact issue is the same as previous member above. "I have tried to import several cds (commercial cds that I purchased) into my itunes library, and each time it will import the cd -- but the time will show as "not available." My ipod will buzz through the songs as if they were each 0:00 minutes long. I've tried reinstalling itunes, playing with the preferences, etc, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong."

Cd's import but too fast / times show as "not available" and won't play the songs or skip from one to the next.

Secondly, have you tried reinstalling Itunes in your computer or laptop again, please give us your computer specifications as well. <<< Yes. HP Slimline Vista 32 bit. I've also talked to Apple customer service - no help. Yes, completely uninstalled all components and re-installed. Ran all diagnostics from Itunes, everything is okay.

If you face the exact same problem as discussed in this topic then try to turn off the "use error collection when reading audio CDs" <<< Did this. Didn't work.

As you mentioned that you are trying to import commercial cd's which you purchased from shop. The one thing which you are not aware that this cd's are DRM protected. That means they are copyright protected. You cannot simply copy paste songs for them and the same is also not allowed. This is called as piracy. But there are tools which are called as audio ripper which sometime works on this.

Microsoft or your machine's manufacturer may have launched the updated software. Just find out to see if there are updates to Windows or to the software which manages the drive. You need to check your Check your system manufacturer's website for making updates, Specifically for updates to the disk or DVD drive.

If you purchased the drive separately from the machine then you need to check out the drive manufacturer's website. In some situations , drivers for different devices (like video and sound cards) could affect how the CD or DVD drive performs . Just be sure that all the video and sound card drivers are the most current versions.

Check for firmware updates

From specific duration of launching new things the manufacturers publish the updates with the disk or DVD drive's internal utilities (which is also called as firmware). You should check out your system manufacturer's website for updated firmware primarily then go for another option which you can get suitable for this .

This is necessary because the internal drives used by some organizations (also Dell is included) need absolute and reliable firmware. If you are not getting any update available there from the system manufacturer, check with the organization that made the drive. In some situation, firmware for different devices (like video and sound cards) could affect how the disk or DVD drive perform in this scenario. Just be sure that all the video and sound cards contains the newest firmware also.

Quote Originally Posted by Simond View Post
    I got the solution for this problem , to turn off the "use error collection when reading audio CDs" in import settings, and it will go in proper way !You can also go for this way suggested below :

1- Click on the "import settings"
    2- Then after click on the drop down menu stated as "Import Using"
    3- Choose "MP3 Encoder"

This was finished in addition to choosing the box stated as "use error correction when reading audio cds"
    I tried this but it still doesnt work at all i tried all of the different settings