Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Lenovo y550 keyboard not working

Portable Devices

Old 23-06-2010

Lenovo y550 keyboard not working

For four days now I have serious problems that have emerged on the keyboard of my laptop. The keys "h " and " g " and my grave accent and my arrow up stopped working for no apparent reason ! This is not funny I have to copy and paste letters from a file every time I need it. I tried to look under the keys by removing them to see if there had a problem with the mechanism or simply some things that the blocking , but not success. My laptop is a Lenovo 3000 Model Y550

Last edited by Shaan12 : 23-06-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 23-06-2010

Re: Lenovo y550 keyboard not working

Yes I know that is boring envoy and lose several days , but you can always fix you up with the company. I have a Toshiba and my hard drive was just to go back. I told them I sent the piece to such a center and when he received, I am pointing, we switcher drives there in 5 minutes ( very sure I formatted my drive defective ) .Same thing with Lenovo, the keyboard worked badly for (just like your problem ) it has a keyboard chipper nine straight home with instructions to change or even and if I remember rightly , with a stamped return envelope to return The defective.
Old 23-06-2010

I just ask for ideas for a small keyboard pc .
In fact , I have a Lenovo S10 and some keys do not work .
To make faster I will list those that work (it is a qwerty keyboard ):
1st line: & e " - e_ša ) = and the back button
2nd row : * and key caret
3rd line : the enter key
4th line:
5th row :
If it can help you , the combinations that work with the Shift keys are micro , ░ , 0,8,7,6,3,2,1

It is no longer under warranty . I have already deactivated StickyKeys , filters and keys toggle keys in Accessibility Options / Keyboard / parameters
Old 23-06-2010

If you currently had installed any of the application on your laptop then try to uninstall that application from your laptop. I think that application may creating some problem with your keyboard. Then also this problem will persist then you to perform the system restore with your system. I think system restore will fix your problem. I hope this solution will help you.
Old 23-06-2010

I own a keyboard logitech media keyboard Setpoint since 1yr and a half but only connect to PS / 2. Now my new pc dell dimension e 521 only has the usb .

So I bought an adapter ps / 2 USB and when I plug the keyboard is turned on but it shows me exactly :
A USB device connected to this PC at malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it : USB device not recognized then . I love this keyboard and I'd like to really find a solution to reconnect, But how do you please ? It must not be very complicated, but I do not know how ?
Old 24-06-2010

A few days ago I was purchased a pc lenovo Y710 , I reinstalled everything , it follows the games, so too has to complain , except that it warms a bit too. By cons I have a big issue on this model the keypad is optional for those who do not have the keys there to replace him . My problem is I have the numeric keypad in addition to keyboard so I do not need these keys , I will like to keep the num lock active while I type because each time a switcher encoding is frankly boring . I searched in vain for the keyboard , in the configuration I have nothing, no configuration by the cursor. In short this pc I agree but the problem bothers me a lot , if anyone knows how, I am finally completely happy with this particular pc.
Old 25-06-2010

I do not think you can change it via the registry (entries cant modify a support driver ) then it is necessarily a driver somewhere, otherwise the keyboard will not work. Now, it's strange not appear in control panel. Other you have to do the format to your laptop, which will helps you fix your key board problem.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,