Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Loud beep noise in Lenovo y650

Portable Devices

Old 23-06-2010

Loud beep noise in Lenovo y650

After rebooting, the screen of my pc will not turn over and my computer is 2 short beep close followed by 6 short frequencies. I have not changed or touched on the PC (motherboard , batteries , HDD ... etc ). I have not opened the computer so I just changed keyboard (changed to the same model, the same brand) a few days ago. I did not install software or games . The pc I use to listen, watch videos on the internet and msn . I 'm under Windows XP. The brand of laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Y650. I do not know what to do and I do not find a solution, Please help me.

Old 23-06-2010

Re: Loud beep noise in Lenovo y650

When the system is powered on or rebooted (reset ) , the BIOS takes inventory of hardware in the computer and performs a test ( called POST , for Power - On Self Test ) to verify proper operation .
Perform a test of the processor ( CPU)
Check the BIOS
Check the CMOS setup
Initialize the timer ( internal clock )
Initialize DMA controller
Check the RAM and cache memory
Install all the functions of the BIOS
Check all configurations ( keyboard , floppy disks, hard disks)
If ever the POST encounters an error, it will try to continue starting the computer. However , if the error is severe, the BIOS will halt the system and :
Display a message on the screen if possible (the display hardware is not necessarily initialized yet or may be faulty ).
Deep in the form of a sequence of beeps ( beeps in English ) to diagnose the cause of the failure ;
send a code ( called POST codes ) to the serial port of the computer , which can be recovered using special hardware diagnostics .
If everything is correct , the BIOS generally will issue a short beep , indicating that there was no error.
Old 23-06-2010

The BIOS setup
Most BIOSes have a " setup " ( setup ) that can modify the basic configuration of the system . This information is stored in a memory self-powered ( using a battery) so that information is preserved even when the power is off (the RAM is reset at each reboot ) .
There are many BIOS in each machine:
The BIOS of the motherboard
The BIOS controls the keyboard
The video card BIOS
(The BIOS network adapters that enable network booting )
When the system is turned on , the BIOS displays a copyright message on the screen, then it performs diagnostic tests and initialization. When all tests have been performed, the BIOS displays a message prompting the user to press one or more keys to enter the BIOS setup.
Depending on the brand of BIOS may be the F2 key, the F10 key , the DEL key ( on French keyboards : " Delete " ) or one of the following key sequences :
Ctrl + Alt + S
Ctrl + Alt + Esc
Ctrl + Alt + Ins
Award BIOS on the following message is displayed during POST :
TO ENTER SETUP BEFORE BOOT PRESS CTRL-ALT -ESC OR DEL KEY
This message means " PRESS " CTRL -ALT -ESC "or press " DEL " to enter the " SETUP "before starting the PC "
Old 23-06-2010

So , the beep comes when I turn on the computer, so the screen stays on NO SIGNAL then goes black, beeps continue until the computer is turned on .They are beep every time it is not beep are full of small beeps periodically. I want to know what this problem is and I also want a solution to solve this problem. Some have a solution about my problem please help me.
Old 23-06-2010

Perform the following steps
1. You should initially go to the Start menu and select "Run ". The dialog box " Run " opens and you just have to type "regedit ".
The command " regedit " allows you to open the registry in graphics mode.
2. Once the registry opened , go to the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Sound " , which you later . You have three lines, double click the middle ( PEEP ), you may notice that the default is " yes " , simply change this by writing " no " .
3. By restarting your system you will find that you have no beep. The beeps are still useful, even if only to start , they prove that your computer hardware is in good working condition. But there 's some users who find it annoying, this method allows you to be calmer when you start your computer !
Old 24-06-2010

I just bought a friend a Lenovo y650 with the Widows xp. The only problem is that this PC makes a continuous beep and this from the booting of the PC, or sometimes I can reach the loading bar, it turns itself off. From what I hear on the beeps, it would be the graphics card, but by removing from the PC I do not see it and I can’t access it. Does anyone have a solution for my problem or an idea if I am wrong and that this is not the graphics card?
Old 25-06-2010

The graphics card is not a continuous but alternating beep .
In your case it will look at the choices :
  • FAn your CPU is not connected or does not work.
  • your CPU heatsink is not in contact with your CPU overheats
  • Your cooling system is a fanless CPU or runs too slowly, the organic signal in this situation it is in the bios disable the CPU fan warning slow.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,