Thread: Raid setup for Lenovo ThinkPad W700

Raid setup for Lenovo ThinkPad W700

When I have enabled the RAID in BIOS setup utility from AHCI > RAID but at the time of start the screen it suddenly displays the blue screen and reboots. I have tried following things.
    1. Only enable the RAID without configuring the RAID in the Intel matrix.
    2. Tried to enable it through BIOS setup but got the same result.
    3. I have also tried to set the RAID equal to one and also tried it to set it to zero.
    Is there any perfect solution for Raid setup for Lenovo ThinkPad W700?

Re: Raid setup for Lenovo ThinkPad W700

Actually there is a limitation for the Intel Matrix Storage Driver that is you are not allowed to configure the turbo memory and RAID side by side. This is the main reason why Lenovo is not allowing you to configure your system with RAID. In this you can only hope that Lenovo find the solution for this problem as soon as possible.

For solving this issue I have tried to open the system thinking that I will be able to detach the memory but the thing is that it is too much sophisticated for me and I cannot do that. The only thing I can do is to wait for the driver that can solve this issue. Or Lenovo will find the solution for this and provide it on its site.

I am not confident for this solution but you can try for this may be it can solve your problem.
    1. First of all install the image in the ultrabay drive.
    2. After that install the RAID driver.
    3. Then you have set the RAID on two drives and BIOS.
    4. Then configure the image that you have ghosted back to the RAID setup.
    The only problem is that the driver does not recognize it automatically.

I have a laptop Lenovo ThinkPad W700 with two 160GB hard G in RAID 0 with Vista preinstalled on it. I would like to install opensuse (11.0 if possible). Having no experience with the raid, I do not know how to do it. Since Vista, I have three partitions on "Disk 0" Servicev003 SW_preload. I start to install suse 11.0 but when the installer searches for partitions it displayed the messages that it can neither read nor write on this disk. However if I put the following "edit partition", it gives me another error.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I do not know vista, and I have no experience with dual boot on the raid (but what do I do with my time frankly (IMG: style_emoticons / default / wink.gif )) but I recently read a doc on this case. You must determine what type of raid it is power rsavoir if appropriate. If it's hardware raid "true" (I doubt seen the reaction of suse). If you just want to turn the raid, is simple: backup, format, remove the raid in the bios, reinstalling. Hope this will help you.

While doing research on the model of controller? Or perhaps with an option to dmraid or mdadm? I do not know how to recover this information once the raid up, but considering the class of your laptop and the fact that he carries two disc set, there is a chance that it integrates hardware raid controller.