Thread: Lenovo W510 CPU Speed Throttling on AC power

Lenovo W510 CPU Speed Throttling on AC power

I have observed that Lenovo W510 CPU Speed Throttling on AC power, I mean that it run slower if I run it only battery or I run it only on AC alone. The thing to notice here is that it runs with the double speed if run this using both AC power and battery. I have also called customer support for discussing this issue they replied that they are not having any specification related to that. I just want to know whether the system of Lenovo is designed in such a way or there is problem with my laptop.

Re: Lenovo W510 CPU Speed Throttling on AC power

Well I am not using the Lenovo W500, but then also I have tried to do the same that you have performed. I checked my system by running it using only AC and also by using only battery. I have also tested this on power manager at maximum performance but I have not observed any difference. The functioning of my laptop is same in both the cases.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I having Lenovo system and I have tested the system in both the scenario and surprisingly I am also getting the same result hence I have decided to send the system back for service. Since I am not able to solve the problem hence it will be better to give the laptop to someone who is having the knowledge related to that. I hope that they can solve this problem or at least explain the reason for this problem.

I am also having Lenovo ThinkPad, well I have not tested anything related to the processor speed but I am getting another problem related to this. I am not having the clear idea about the series of Laptop and I have no clues related to that. My problem is that I cannot find the perfect audio drives for this. I need help related to this issue.

I know the serial number for my Lenovo ThinkPad but the problem is that when I am inserting the serial number on Lenovo site it gives list of drives that matches serial number and when I try to install these drivers it gives me error that the machine is not a client system. That’s it after that I am not able to do anything, I have tried this number of time but the result is same.

If you are not able to find the exact drivers for your laptop then it will better to download Driver detective software from its official site. You just need to install it and it will search for the relevant software that you need for your laptop. This software will install the most specific driver for your system. I hope this will help you to solve the problem.

If you know the serial number for your laptop then you can find the drivers for your system from the net. It will be better to search for the drivers on the IBM official site. You can also try to download Automatic Pilot software that will do every for you, I mean it will search for the drivers and will also install it on your system.