Thread: Thinkpad R400 hibernation issue

Thinkpad R400 hibernation issue

I got issue with Lenovo Thinpad R400 laptop. I had installed Windows XP Service Pack 1 and I had a Vista pre-installed on my system. So i is now dual boot. I had first seen that when I close the lid the system goes to sleep. I want to put the system on hibernation. The system is running very slow when I do that. Does this is a hardware issue or related to my new installation.

Re: Thinkpad R400 hibernation issue

You restart your PC and then go into your BIOS. There you will need to search for Power Management Setup this is where you adjust the power settings and you look at what is the value of the line ACPI Suspend Type the names vary according to BIOS but you must have a value starting with S.When you talk about sleep, you speak well of hibernation. See that weather you had disabled and to enable that in command prompt type powercfg-h on.

The problem is that the inability to exit a standby may come from a variety of reasons. For example, a device like mouse, keyboard, graphics card, etc has not the right driver and due to that the hardware is engaging the system. Hence my question is about the major update for Windows. Best run a windows update first and then check out back weather your system is working fine or not.

I had never updated my Windows. For that I go some solutions which I think might help you out. Open command prompt and then type powercfg.cpl and it opens up the power options. Then click on Edit to the left of the conditions of the standby computer. In the screen that opens click on change advanced power settings. Then click on the plus sign and allow hybrid sleep from here. Choose Off instead of active and click on OK.

It is possible that you can first enable your hibernation and then you can to sleep. If that is not working fine then the issue is related to the operating system. Usually this is a fault related to operating system and you cannot do much here. You might need to re-install the system back again and install proper drivers back again. If you are using pirated version of Windows XP then there is no guarantee weather this work or not.

You can manipulate your system by making a restore to fix back your standby and hibernation. It is possible to replace the standby hybrid option in Vista, which was previously activated and which often causes problems. So now it is better if you can just enable sleep. It could be done from any of your operating system. Look at the properties of your network adapter in Device Manager tab advanced there you can see list of Wake-On, or Wake-up.

From the Device Manager you can fix that. You can go in Power Management option and then check the settings. From there in the tab Power Management must also verify that Allow this device to wake the computer is unchecked. Briefly, check the power options for all elements that can wake the computer. However even if the right parameters are not set then that can create a problem.