Thread: Problem with Ultrabay III SATA adapter on Lenovo

Problem with Ultrabay III SATA adapter on Lenovo

I am having the latest Lenovo ThinkPad W500 with the 128G drive but this drive is not sufficient for me. So I bought the new SATA HD UltraBay Adapter III and the latest IBM 320G drive. I have created the backup for my system and the restored that on the 320G and then started the system and now it is working fine. After that I inserted the previous boot drive in SATA ultrabay adapter and then try to test that but it is not working on some systems. Is there any solution for this problem with Ultrabay III SATA adapter on Lenovo?

Re: Problem with Ultrabay III SATA adapter on Lenovo

I plugged the adapter IDE SATA III r drive to USB in vista, it does reconnect to laptop, is there any driver problem and if yes then what I can do to find the driver. My second problem is that I cannot read SD memory cards of the laptop so that all drivers are installed under vista. Can anybody solve my problem? I will be really thankful.

The UltraBay is not restrained on the T500 (unlike the T61p). By the way, I can no longer use any drive to the Ultrabay with the T61p: the BIOS does not detect more. I have so far not able to solve the problem, Lenovo suggesting a problem with the firmware of the disk (it provides an updated firmware for Hitachi, but that is not compatible with a Seagate).
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The Ultrabay SATA II is just an ordinary box with a plate track between two connector components without electronics! For Ultrabay on T6X it is the sata on the motherboard or IDE, with a bridge board in the Ultrabay. I should just spend my esata connector I add the SATA II utrabay to the IDE via an adapter sata to ide after plugging in my cable esata to SATA.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have seen the Lenovo Thinkpad W500 offer on the ebay site, some of these vendors have the foresight to indicate the code IWS. Now the search engine Lenovo have not listed the related codes. The simple thing is that I am searching for IWS codes offering an international guarantee for the W500. If you have any idea related to then please post the reply.

Do you have experience with feedback T500 / T400 / W500 (switch graph), because apparently it all goes bug with an external screen! I'm surprised not to hear about it in the topics here and there! May have to work peacefully with an external screen VGA / Display Port to HDMI / DVI adapter or docking station? But it is not doing the same.

Since the technology is too new, it is not attracting me. I finished playing the beta testers! Already, it is with the Radeon drivers. I did not have full confidence in the switch right on the laptop, then on an external display. In my opinion, do not change the graphics chip once it is connected to a screen. I also wonder to what extent it is not preferable to reboot when you changed the GPU. I raised the problem of SATA limited to 150 Mbps and no statement.