Thread: Corsair X Series 256Gb SSD fails to initialize on Lenovo W510

Corsair X Series 256Gb SSD fails to initialize on Lenovo W510

I have recently bought two Corsair Extreme X256 for my Lenovo ThinkPad W510. The production SSD is working without any problem for more than three months, I do not why one day I have got this dreaded Error 2100. Then I switched OFF the laptop, and then try to reboot the system and this time it started without any problem. But now I am getting this problem on daily basis. I think that is problem is related to the memory card. The thing is that I need the solution for this problem or the reason why Corsair X Series 256Gb SSD fails to initialize on Lenovo W510.

Re: Corsair X Series 256Gb SSD fails to initialize on Lenovo W510

I was also facing this problem but now it is working fine. The thing is that if the laptop gets warmed up then it will work for the whole day without giving any kind of problem. Currently I am staying in Sydney and normally I have observed this problem when the temperature is very low. May you should try to keep your system at some warm palace. May be that can be helpful.

First thing I install the latest driver then I update the latest Firmware. On my P5Q motherboard is connected to a Velociraptor is mounted on the system, it is connected to the Intel ICH10R. I install a RAID1 on Adaptec consisting of 2 Seagate 500GB ES.2. Then I decided to mount the Velociraptor directly on the Adaptec and nothing on the velociraptor is not recognized in JBOD and cannot go into the BIOS on the Adaptec and this causes a crash on systematic system. I spend 3 hours to change many options in the BIOS of the motherboard, but no results.

I did not go further in the test due to problems encountered. I just send an email to Adaptec due to a block of my previous mail. I expect a response from Adaptec, which I sincerely hope will find a solution for this card. I had to install a server (reliable) and currently is € 450 deadweight loss! I know that I won in this post, but the reasons are, for me, for my disappointment is justified particularly large. I recall that is the Adaptec 3805 RAID card more than the regency Promise EX16350.

I just set a problem and cannot access the Adaptec BIOS. With the BIOS 15728, accessing is not possible, with the BIOS 15611. I have updated the BIOS of the motherboard P5Q Deluxe Beta by 1102, but without success for the Firmware / Bios 15,728. However, I have an A8N-SLI Premium access the bios of the Adaptec. It is therefore a mismatch between the BIOS on the Adaptec 15728 and the ASUS P5Q Deluxe.

The disc does not accept Single JBOD (though it works on the Promise card, for example) and JBOD Adaptec Made in must initialize the disk, thus losing all data. However, the disc is detected and recognized. RAID1 has not been destroyed as was the case previously. I am waiting Adaptec remember to inform them of this problem. In fact, I would rather disable ICH10R widely and connect all my drives on the Adaptec.

For now, everything seems stable. Now I will see over time what the card will give. Above all, I wait the call Adaptec and a quick return concerning temperature. I strongly recommend the use of a fan fixed on the radiator or fan stirring the air directly on the map. The record speaks of a temperature not exceeding 40 ° C without ventilation and 55 ° C with. But the manual forgets to mention how close the card is the measure? In my case, I put a small fan turbine because the card is low in the chassis, the power to 3cm (box requires RC1100).