Thread: Screen Brightness Keeps Resetting on Lenovo W500

Screen Brightness Keeps Resetting on Lenovo W500

Hello there, I have recently bought a Lenovo W500 laptop installed with Windows XP. The problem which I am facing is that the brightness of the laptop is resetting frequently. I have set the brightness of the laptop to the maximum but it fluctuates between minimum and maximum frequently. How do I solve this problem? Please help.

Re: Screen Brightness Keeps Resetting on Lenovo W500

Have you checked the drivers for the display adapter? I think the display is suffering some problems due to which the screen is flickering. Open the device manager and highlight the display adapter. Check if there is any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if the problem is solved. You can try and update the drivers to be sure.

Most of the problems which are faced by the laptop users are faced due to the residual static charge which is stored on the laptop. The residual charge gets stored near the display of the laptop and hence can be the cause of the problem. I would suggest that you remove the residual charge and see if the problem continues. To clear the residual charge, shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about a minute and then release it. Replace the battery and start the laptop. Hopefully the problem would be solved.

The power distribution board on the laptop must be having some problems due to which the display is flickering. The power to all the devices which are connected to the computer is distributed by the power distribution board on the laptop. If the power distribution board is faulty, it will create such problems. Get the power distribution board checked by some technician and see if it is faulty or not.

I think you will have to configure the display settings on the computer again to make it work properly. Click on Start menu and select control panel. Open the display properties and set it to moderate. The maximum settings are changed to the minimum when the power supply is switched from AC supply to the battery. Keeping the display settings to moderate will solve the problem.

Try configuring the power settings for the monitor and then see if it helps. Click on start menu and start control panel. Now in th power setting sections and click on Custom. Lower the brightness and the contrast from the maximum level and the save the settings. I hope this will reduce the flickering of the display.