Thread: "The GPS NMEA COM Port is not available" Lenovo Thinkpad x200

"The GPS NMEA COM Port is not available" Lenovo Thinkpad x200

I have having Lenovo ThinkPad X200 with WWAN Card 43R153 which is running on the Windows 7. When i am trying to connect the same with the Airtel it connects perfect but unable to connect to the GPS. I have also checked the Device manager and it is having all the device working properly. When i On the Lenovo GPS get the below given error.

Code:
    The GPS NMEA COM port is not available. You need to check the following things.
    1. Another GPS application is using the COM port.
    2. COM ports is disabled. You can enable the COM port in the Device Manager.
    A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: "The GPS NMEA COM Port is not available" Lenovo Thinkpad x200

I think that there might be some of issue with the GPS. So i will request you to update GPS to the latest version. If possible the update to the GPS 2.60 and also update the Power Manger 3.20. This might work with the issue of yours. So try this out and see whether it is working for the issue of yours or not.

I have updated to the GPS 2.60 and Power Manger 3.20 and when started the same getting the error "The current wireless WAN connection is being managed by another client utility. Close the client utility and try again." I am unable to understand about the Client Utility and unable to resolve the same. Need your help for same.

I think that there might be some corrupt entry in the Registry which need to be set properly. Just start the Registry Editor from the Run and the navigate below given path:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WMCore\GPSAutoSensingEnable
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WMCore\GPSAutoSensingEnableDefault
    And then change the value to "0". It might resolve the issue of yours.

If all the above replies is not working for you and you are still having the same problem then let me tell you that you should better contact the Lenovo regarding the issue of your. You can register yourself to the Lenovo Forum and then ask the query of yours. The expert will help you with the available replies for your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    I think that there might be some corrupt entry in the Registry which need to be set properly. Just start the Registry Editor from the Run and the navigate below given path:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WMCore\GPSAutoSensingEnable
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WMCore\GPSAutoSensingEnableDefault
    And then change the value to "0". It might resolve the issue of yours.
    I have tried the same which you are talking about but let me tell you that this is also not working for me so if possible then let me know some more replies regarding the issue of mine so that i can resolved the issue easily.

If that is also not working for you then let me you that you have to reinstall the driver for GPS which is not functioning properly.
    • Extract the ZIP file.
    • Run the Command Prompt setup.exe with the "/wNOAUTOSENSING", "/wNOSELSUSP", and /wUSELASTKNOWNRADIOSTATE options.
    • Complete the installation
    • Restart Computer