Thread: How to unmap Shift-Ctrl-Alt-E hotkey on my Lenovo X301?

How to unmap Shift-Ctrl-Alt-E hotkey on my Lenovo X301?

I hope this is simple question, but still I am not able to get a relevant solution for this problem. I am using Lenovo X301 and I use the Shift-Ctrl-Alt-E hot key in my photoshop. But whenever I use this hot key launches installer for Lenovo application that desire to download the skype. I short I just want to know how to unmap Shift-Ctrl-Alt-E hotkey on my Lenovo X301?

Re: How to unmap Shift-Ctrl-Alt-E hotkey on my Lenovo X301?

For disabling the hotkey you just need to type following commands. Go to start then go to run and then type cmd or command that will open the command prompt and you need to type “run c:\swtools\apps\skypedl\unskypedl.bat”. Same thing can also be achieved using “run c:\swtools\apps\skypedl\unskypedl.cmd”

I have a problem with my laptop. I noticed that the CPU runs at 100% which may be normal? This is a Lenovo 3000 C200. Vista pro, 1.5 Go RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T5500. I have seen anything suspicious in the process. I uninstalled avast antivir installed, do a scan in safe mode. Same thing with spybot it found nothing. What might be the problem of the CPU 100%? (In safe mode the CPU is at 2-3%)

My biggest problem is that the file rtvscan.exe food almost RAM, and I am unable to execute certain programs like photoshop or others. Elsewhere in when I use Internet Explorer it closes after few minutes I shall be very grateful if you analyze this log file: Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2, Platform: Windows XP SP3. MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00

Rtvscan.exe belongs to Norton Antivirus and it can not be stopped. Norton is known to be a resource hunger; I mean it consumes maximum resources. The only solution for this problem is that you can choose another antivirus. The HijackThis log shows nothing of "bad". To try to reduce the resources used elsewhere

It is possible to reduce the startup process and free up some system resources. Some programs are considered "unnecessary startup: they are launched automatically at each system startup (even if you do not use it), they remain active and use of system resources. It is essential to consult the list of startups (programs running at startup).

I managed to set things right by performing a complete scan by the antivirus (I must keep it because of the solution it has provided me for solving the problem I have a client version and I put myself on the network from time to time); In fact I could eliminate some Trojans, and spywares, and after calm returned.

mrlambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simond View Post
    My biggest problem is that the file rtvscan.exe food almost RAM, and I am unable to execute certain programs like photoshop or others. Elsewhere in when I use Internet Explorer it closes after few minutes I shall be very grateful if you analyze this log file: Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2, Platform: Windows XP SP3. MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00
    rtvscan.exe problem is a big problem, I met before. you need a full scan about it and fix it. or stop it temporarily.