Thread: Chirping sound on Thinkpad X201

Chirping sound on Thinkpad X201

I had noticed a overheating problem on my Thinkpad X201 Notebook PC. This happens especially if I am running some game with high graphics and when the same is turned on during a period of more than 3 hours. The system looks normal but there is also a chirping sound from the cpu. The fan is also making noise I have to shutdown my laptop anyhow after some hours. What to do here.

Re: Chirping sound on Thinkpad X201

I also noticed that my laptop gets very hot. If you launch applications asking a lot of CPU than the temperature keeps on rising. It also requires that if you does not shutdown then your system can crash. You will need to change the fan of the system. The best thing is to send this to a service center if it is under warranty then you will get a replacement for the same.

I turn the pc left alone that night and I woke up I heard little beeps. Then the beeps have been increasingly frequent, culminating with a continuous beep. opened the backside of the laptop and I realized that the CPU was hot and the fan does not turn over. I have everything shuts down in an emergency, I turned back after going into the bios to see the temperature, it should be around 70 degrees but the fan was restarted and the temp has dropped sharply to 40.

Better you need some replacement. I think it is to adapt the speed of the fan following the way when the cpu overheats. Now there are two possibilities here. First your cpu fan is gone bad and the second is that your processor has some serious hardware issue. Better show that to some engineer before you must fry out you processor.

For some time I have a problem I cannot manage to solve my pc overheating when I turn it works fine for about 30 to 50 minutes. Then in task manager I saw my cpu usage to 100% even on the ideal mode. The explorer .exe consumes most of the ram. After a restart the system works stable for some while. I had formatted my system and now the same is working well. The temperature stays at 30.

Try cleaning the radiator in your CPU. You unscrewed the CPU fan located on the motherboard use a some vacuum pump and a toothbrush to vipe out the dust piled up on the radiator. Because a fan is fine and if too much of dust is accomodated then the air does not circulate between the radiator and fan. Also see that the fan is working fine if not then change it.

The cpu generates too much heat when you run any heavy application. This means that you are trying to run some heavy application on a low configuration pc. For that better get a upgrade. Instant heating of cpu is not good as it shows that the processor is not stable. This can also damage your system other part so before that show the same to repair center.