Thread: Need help with processor upgrade for Lenovo R61E

Need help with processor upgrade for Lenovo R61E

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad R61E laptop which I had purchased a long time before. It is equipped with some Intel Celeron processor. I am not much sure about the hardware of this laptop. All I am looking for is for an cpu upgrade for this laptop. Will it better to increase the CPU / RAM or buying a new ultra portable. I have requirement for both. I had calculated that adding up a new CPU with RAM and Hard drive is going to cost me more in comparsion to buy a ultra portable netbook. What should I do here.

Re: Need help with processor upgrade for Lenovo R61E

Lenovo ThinkPad R61e is 15.4 laptop with is equipped with Intel Celeron M 540 (1.86 GHz), 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz, hard disk SATA 80GB 5400rpm, a chipset Intel GMA X3100 256MB support. You can use this for some basic work but upgrading this is not worth. It will still not give you features which the newest machine can give. You can go for some new laptops.

Basically laptop parts are costly and you have a limitation of buying them from authorized center only. I had purchased a Sony Vaio Z notebook. It is an excellent ultra compact portable, lightweight, versatile and powerful as it provides the ability to play the HD 1080p on the screen. But the thing is that it is really very expensive. In this manner it is better for upgrade.

I am using a Toshiba Portege R600. The best thing about this portable is that it is surprisingly light around 1 kg and offers a slick design that makes him the king of mobility in ultra-portable. Its 12-inch slab mate offers excellent color rendering. Its only shortcoming is its price and low performance in 3D but that does not matter if you want to use it for internet and office work.

Yes you have an option for adding up a Core Duo processor on the laptop. But that will only give out some points of high frequency. What I believe that today you needs atleast 2.6 or more Ghz of processor first for running the latest operating system that is Windows 7 and around 2GB RAM for good performance. This is bit hard on your old laptop. Go for a new one.

There are relatively versatile notebook that combines many qualities. They are however not necessarily the cheapest or best suited to specific uses. The increased processor power and that of the circuit graph to higher prices while reducing the autonomy and increasing the size and weight. To take maximum power in minimum space while attempting a record autonomy simply drives a surge in prices.

Yes it is better not to upgrade the older one and better is to use that for your other work. Don't go for ultra portable but for portable notebook which can give you a 14 inch screen. But the same comes with a good processor and GPU support. Dell provides you customization option in which you can choose your own way to build up your system. Try that first.