Thread: Thinkpad X201 Yellow Mark USB port

Thinkpad X201 Yellow Mark USB port

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad X201. I have a problem on the my 40GB iPod which works with USB 2.0. I was using only one usb port for connecting my ipod and copying music in that. The issue happened here that recently there was blue screen on my system. After a reboot my ipod is not detecting the ipod. I found a yellow mark on the usb in device manager. What does this mark indicates.

Re: Thinkpad X201 Yellow Mark USB port

This means that the drivers for the usb is missing or deleted. This happens when you remove some software which is associated with system settings. Just right click on that and then click on update drivers. Follow the screen wizard and connect your system to internet. Windows will update the drivers automatically via Windows update. Then reboot your system.

The blue screen appears due to improperl hardware or corrupt software. Do you have installed or removed any of the stuff right now. If yes then you will need to run a repair for windows or else you will face the stuff frequently. For drivers you can just download usb 2.0 drivers and install the same on your system. You can download the same from officail site of Microsoft.

My PC does not recognize anything since I reinstalled Windows. I cannot install any device. I had also updated my card drivers but still I do not understand the reason behind the same. I had run a driver update for motherboard which states that all is working. But when I plug a device the same is not recognized and it displays a message saying that it is improperly installed.

It happens exactly the same thing in my system also. I cannot install my usb printer usb or my flash drive under XP which should be recognized automatically. So, I thought that installing a controller usb to pci which I think should solve the problems. So I downloaded the drivers but still Windows does not recognizes the hardware and it never manages to install the drivers.

This looks like a hardware fault. Your usb support on the motherboard is damaged. For the driver things whatever the version of XP either PRO or Home whatever you have you should have atleast SP1 for the usb 2.0. It is not managed by other operating system. So for that the best is to install Windows XP SP2. Try a usb dongle on the working port.

I think your usb is damaged so it will be blocked but you can try with another pc. All the devices that denote the removable disk are installed on the system and that which does not work is due to driver failure or due to old hardware support. Sometimes I also lost my USB. To remedy this, go to Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers and I delete the ports. Then I restart the pc. Normally Windows will automatically reinstall. If not then the hardware is gone.