Thread: I am not able to create a Recovery media

I am not able to create a Recovery media

In my Thinkpad T61 laptop I am not able to create a recovery disc. I broked my old recovery disc. So by the given recover manager inside the laptop I tried to create a new one. The issue with that is the recovery process does not ends up. The system reboots in middle. I had already wasted 2 DVD's in that. I need help here to create recovery disc for Thinkpad T61.

Re: I am not able to creaet a Recovery media

There can be multiple reason behind that. First your DVD is not working properly or the optical drive you are using is corrupt. Try to run that in safe mode first. If possible use a USB DVD drive which can be much helpful for you. Try to run system restore option which will fix out the system issue if occurred in that. Try some new disk for that. You also download that tool from official site.

I had downloaded HP Backup Manager & Recovery software. I had loosed the old one which was corrupted. This tool offers system restore which erase and reformat the entire hard drive, deleting all data files that you created. System Restore reinstalls the operating system, programs and drivers. However, you must reinstall any software not installed in the factory.

I also use Hp tool for that. I had downloaded the same from the official site. The best thing is that it offers various methods to perform a System Restore. Like Image Recovery which can be used for restoring from an image stored on your hard drive. The recovery image is a file containing a copy of the original software. You can also perform Hard restoration which is done using the restore discs (CD or DVD) created from files stored on your hard drive.

Re: I am not able to create a Recovery media

Try Rollback Rx tool to restore your system. Other than this Norton Ghost is unquestionably one of the most-used for this purpose, and Symantec has been developing for many years now the leading software complete archiving, version , image compression, navigation of these, remote management and programming are all features than you find in this suite.

I had used Acronis True Image many times and takes an exact image of your hard drive or separate partitions for complete backup of your system. This restoration system differentiates system files, which will be installed from the XP CD, and changed files from the backup. To do this Right-click the drive icon / Properties / Tools / Save now / Advanced Mode You arrive at the Automated System: the intervention is carried out automatically (allow a floppy).

Start the computer on the installation CD of XP, first select the installation option then Repair when the program detects the current installation. All settings will be reset, but the programs will not need to be reinstalled. The principle of Ghost is always a good idea too. With the Recovery Console in Windows XP, you can gain limited access to NTFS volumes, FAT and FAT32 without starting the Windows XP GUI.