Thread: Restore Factory Contents option disappeared

Restore Factory Contents option disappeared

I installed Vista with the CD provided but finally, I repeat a plant relocation. The problem is that I am not able to access it by F8 to select Repair your computer is gone. Restore Factory Contents option disappeared too. I do not know what to do now but if possible please tell me how can i get rid of this situation. I will be very much thankful to you

Re: Restore Factory Contents option disappeared

If you have not formatted partition recovery it should work ... Unless it is F2 or F12. But in your post you have not mentioned about the same. Also tell me what other problems are you having can you try to restore your system using the system restore wizard. What happens when you try to restore your system using the system restore wizard.

No, the recovery partition is not formatted.

F2: I get to the bios.
    F8: List of Safe Boot, etc. .. but without the option to restart the computer.
    F12: choice between CD, HDD, .. + partition to start diagnostics. I started this partition but I have no option to restore factory.

In Windows, I went to set off the D: Recovery, Tools folder but impossible to walk PCRestore.exe (it was very likely given that the OS is running on the partition I want to reinstall).

Basically, I would have added the option Repair the computer in the Advanced Options menu start.
    PS: I note that the old installation files are still available. So if we can simply copy a file to restore the original boot Vista, it is possible.

Why do you want to rebuild a plant relocation. if you reinstall everything you will be getting more than what you want and also the drivers and it's good! So i would suggest you to reinstall the same on your computer to get this problem solved. Most probably the system restore will once again cause the same problem. So try to ab\void it if your system is corrupted even once.

I prefer the restore factory settings because I find it easier and faster. Nothing for the time to install Vista, you can restore your computer and delete unnecessary programs. Then with a fresh install, it is all drivers to install. In addition, the drivers installed on the computer are newer than those disponsiblers the Dell website.

I do not think the solution is very long .. Partition Recovery is still there, it's just an option "Repair your computer" has disappeared from the list of advanced startup of Vista.

* I tried to boot directly to the second partition and it does not work.
    * It is not possible to restore the MBR with the Media Direct CD.

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below to resolve this matter

1. Starting with the cd of Vista.
    2. Take the option to repair the computer.
    3. Go to command prompt. (DOS window opens).
    4. Small format c: fast mode (format c: / q) of the partition (using Gparted or like me to have only one partition).
    5. Go to D: (drive where your image Factory.wim .... D: for me)
    6. command:
      imagex / apply path and name of your image wim a destination
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Normally by tapping F8 -> Repair my computer> Enter the password, you're supposed to have a window: "System Recovery Options In" at the bottom of this window you have the option "Dell Factory Image Restore" you don ' you just point the cursor to select and validate this option. Hope this will help you.