Thread: Lenovo X201 wont start after BIOS upgrade

Lenovo X201 wont start after BIOS upgrade

I am facing a very weird problem with Lenovo X201 laptop which I am using. Recently I updated the BIOS on the laptop and now after updating the BIOS, the laptop is not starting at all. The operating system on the laptop is Windows 7. Now whenever the power button is pressed for booting the computer, it gets stuck up at the booting screen of the laptop. I am not able to figure out what exactly is causing this problem and hence I need your help. Please suggest some solutions regarding the topic. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Lenovo X201 wont start after BIOS upgrade

By looking at the problem, it looks like a operating system failure. The operating system of the computer has lot of files associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system is missing on the computer, the system will not boot. Insert the installation disk of the operating system on the computer and boot the system from the installation disk. Reinstall the entire operating system. Once the operating system is installed, you will not face the same error.

As you have updated the BIOS on the laptop, it will not detect all the hardware on the laptop. You will have to reset the BIOS on the laptop for making the BIOS detect the hardware. Open the laptop and locate the battery on the motherboard. Remove the battery and check the voltage across the battery. If the voltage of the battery is less than 2.5 volts, you will have to replace the battery. Once the battery is replaced, see if the laptop is booting.

Have you tried clearing the static charge on the laptop? Most of the problems which are related to the portable devices are associated to the static charge stored on the laptop. To clear the static charge from the laptop, shutdown the laptop and remove the main battery. After the battery is removed, press and hold the power button. Keep the button pressed for about 30 seconds and then connect the battery again, see if the laptop is working or not.

I had faced similar issues with the Lenovo laptop after BIOS update. The laptop did not boot at all after getting the BIOS updated. To solve the problem, I removed the main battery on the laptop and connected the AC adapter to the laptop. After connecting the AC adapter, press the power button. The laptop booted without any issues. The solution helped me and I hope it will help you too.

The laptop is relatively new and must be under manufacturer warranty. Therefore I will suggest that you get the laptop checked by some technician and see if the laptop is having any problems or not. If the laptop is faulty, it will be replaced for free if it has not undergone any physical damage.

Thanks for helping out. Removing the battery and then powering the up the laptop using the AC power really helped in solving the problem. I think the BIOS was not detecting the hardware and hence was not booting. After removing the battery and starting the laptop on the AC supply helped the BIOS in detecting the hardware laptop.