Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Full Disk Encryption

Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Full Disk Encryption

As i have got my new Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with the Full Disk Encryption (FDE) and it is working all fine. But i am not getting any documentation regarding the feature of the FDE. I know one thing that the BIOS password which will set the password on the hard drive. But i have heard that resetting password will delete all the password for the same. So please help me with the FDE. Thank you.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Full Disk Encryption

I don't think that you need to any application for running the same on your laptop. You can directly go through the BIOS password setting which does not require any authentication. And also the reset of the password does not require any kind of the data loss from the hard drive. So continue with the password setting from BIOS.

Hey i am having the documentation of Full Disk Encryption which is based on the question asked by the frequent user of the FDE. I have gone through it and found it helpful for me. So giving you the same hope you will like it. Check the below given attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have searched regarding your query and come up with the link which is having the Full Disk Encryption Hard Disk Drive Frequently Asked Questions that i think helpful for you. If possible then go through the link which i have given below.
    FDE

If in case you are unable to get the solution with all the above replies posted then let me tell you that you can go through the Lenovo Forum and ask the same for the FED documentation. As they are the manufacturer so they might be having the download for this Full Disk Encryption documentation also they will help you with the password encryption

I think that the Lenovo is implemented with the Seagate hard drive and needs the Seagate driver to run the same. So instead of looking for the Lenovo if you search on the Seagate then it possible that you might get the driver for your device. Here are one link which might be helpful for you. Just go through the same.

First of all thanks for the help that you have given me regarding the issue i am getting and the replies of yours is really satisfactory for me. But i am looking for more to get regarding this. So i have contacted the Lenovo regarding the query of mine and waiting for their reply. I will update the solution in this post as soon as i will get.