Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T60p Hard Drive compatibility

Lenovo ThinkPad T60p Hard Drive compatibility

Hi there, I am having a small query which i think can be solved here. I am having the Lenovo ThinkPad T60p in which i need to make the Hard Drive upgradation in it but as i have looked on net but did not got any satisfactory for my device. So asking for the Lenovo ThinkPad T60p Hard-drive compatibility to you. If someone can help me with this issue the please step forward. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T60p Hard Drive compatibility

As per my knowledge i think that SATA platter HDD are compatible with the Lenovo ThinkPad T60p. It is having the good compatibility with the device of your. You can buy any hard drive which is known as the SATA Platter HDD. You can search for the same on the internet which is having most of the link for the same.

While i was searching i have come up with the some of the hard drive but i am not sure about. So here i am giving you the name of the same please advise me about the these.
    • Hitachi HTS725032A9A364
    • Lenovo PN 45N7021
    • FRU PN 45N7255
    • ASM PN 45N7254

Yes you can go with this hard drive which you have listed in your post. As they are compatible with the Lenovo ThinkPad T60p. So i will advise you to install the any of the hard drive and given and then check with the Rescue and Recovery in the ThinkVantage suite that the device is having any issue or not.

I am having more issue which is regarding the use of hard drive which i have asked about. Actually i have gone through an article which is having the discussion about the Hard drive which is not the thinkpad one. It discuss about not using the non thinkpad hard drive as this can be harmful for the device. I don't want to take any risk with my laptop. So any one is having good knowledge about the same help me.

I have also gone through some of the article on the internet which is having the description not using the Hard drive of other then Lenovo in their Lenovo laptop. And i also want to upgrade my hard drive. But not sure after going through this description about the hard drive. If possible then give the reason why to use other hard drive

It is not necessary to use the hard drive of Lenovo if you are not happy with the Lenovo then you can choose any hard drive but that must be compatible with the device of yours. Will recommend you to go with the Lenovo as it is branded and manufacturer of your device so not having any compatibility issue but in case you wanted to use other then also you can go with the same.