Thread: Lenovo U550 - Webcam won't start up

Lenovo U550 - Webcam won't start up

I am having problem with Lenovo U550. I am using this laptop from almost a year and now the webcam is not working. I use this one always for video chat. I had tried a lot to fix the issue but it does not look to be responding. It just stopped working on its own. It was working well before. I had restarted and tried back but still it fails. I hope there can be some fast way of resolving the problem.

Re: Lenovo U550 - Webcam won't start up

I think there is a problem with your web cam driver which is installed in your laptop. This problem may occurs due to some of important files of driver are damage or gets corrupted. You may solve your problem by installing the latest web cam driver on your laptop. First you have uninstall web cam driver. The old one and then install the latest one. Which will be enough to fix the issue. You can find that on the official site.

If there is no hardware problem then this issue can be fixed simply by installing the drivers which you can find the official website. And if there is any hardware issue then you have to get a usb webcam. In my case the camera stopped working and even after updating the drivers it was not helping much. I had tried a number of time to use it but it keeps on failing. The last thing I tried is bought a usb webcamera and use that and it worked well. It is a plug and play type of camera which is available on many online site.

I have a Lenovo U550 laptop. Presently my webcam had been running absolutely fine, however now at whatever time try to use it, it displays an error, “Creation of the video preview failed. Please check the device connection and make sure that the device is not being used by another application or user.” When I try to make use of it on Skype or WL Messenger it displays an error and will not work. The light merely blinks and then creates an error. Please help me