Thread: Lenovo X100e Wireless replacement?

Lenovo X100e Wireless replacement?

I am facing some problems related to Wireless connection on my Lenovo X100e. Sometimes when the laptop is connected to the wireless network, it shows the status as connected but there is no Internet access on the laptop. Also sometimes the wireless networks are not visible at all. I think there is some problem with the Wireless card which I am using and hence I want to know if I can replace the wireless card or not. Any suggestions/solutions about the problem are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lenovo X100e Wireless replacement?

You can test if the Network card is faulty or not. There is a software interface port configured on the NIC which can be used for testing purposes. To test the network interface card of the laptop, click on start and select Run. Type "Ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. Now check if there is any data packet loss suffered while sending and receiving the data packets. If there are any data packet loss, then you will have to get the wireless card replaced as it is faulty.

According to me the best solution to the problem would be to contact the customer support of lenovo. Take the laptop to the nearest service center of Lenovo and get it checked. If there is any problem with the laptop and if the laptop is under warranty, you will get the part replaced for free. If the laptop is out of the warranty then you will have to pay for the peripheral which is replaced.

Are you using Windows 7 on the laptop? The built in wireless card which are provided with the laptop have some problems while working on Windows 7. The wireless card which is preinstalled on the Lenovo laptop is Realtek which faces some issues with driver compatibility with Windows 7. Hence I will suggest that you try and download the compatible drivers for the Wireless card which are supported by Windows 7. Once the appropriate drivers are installed, you will not face the same problem again.

Yes I have searched for all the compatible drivers for the network card which are supported by Windows 7 but there is no compatible driver which is available for the wireless card. Hence now I want to get the wireless card replaced with an Artheros or an intel network card and hope they are supported by the Lenovo thinkpad model which I am using.

Becareful while replacing the wireless card on the laptop as Lenovo does not supports all the makers of the wireless cards. Only certain models of the Artheros and Intel are supported by the Lenovo X100e model. Refer the compatibility list of the laptop before replacing the wireless card on the computer.

Yes I referred the list of the wireless card which are supported by the Lenovo and have decided to get the Wireless card replaced by a Atheros AR5B95 (Atheros AR9285 chipset, 802.11b/g/n) which is supported by Lenovo. I hope the wireless connectivity works properly with the new wireless card installed on the laptop.