Thread: Lenovo T43 works only on battery

Lenovo T43 works only on battery

Hello people, I have a Lenovo T43 laptop which is installed with Windows XP on it. The laptop was working fine for all these days but now the laptop only works on the battery. Whenever the laptop is connected to the power adapter, it does not boot. I am not able to figure out what exactly is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if there is anybody here who knows the solution, please share it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lenovo T43 works only on battery

As the laptop is not working when the power adapter is connected, I will suggest that the AC charger which you are using is faulty. If the charger is faulty then the output voltage of the charger will vary which will create problem in starting the laptop. Check the output voltage of the laptop charger using a digital multimeter and see if it matches the values specified on the charger. If the value is different than the value suggested, then changing the charger is the only solution which I can see.

Sometimes the jack on the laptop develops some faults due to which the power cannot be coupled to the laptop. Hence I will suggest that you get the laptop checked by some technician and see if the jack is faulty. If the jack is faulty then get it replaced. Replacing the jack will solve the problem according to me.

It is possible that the static charge stored on the laptop is creating such problems. Due to day to day use of the laptop static charge gets stored on the laptop. This static charge makes some devices not to work properly. Therefore I will suggest that you clear the static charge from the laptop. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the power button pressed for sometime and replace the battery. See if the problem is solved or not.

I contacted the customer care of Lenovo and described the problem to them. They suggested that the connecting terminal of the power adapter must be faulty and hence the laptop is not getting charged. They are sending the replacement for that and I hope changing the terminal will solve the problem.

The problem could be with the motherboard of the laptop. The connecting terminal for the laptop is present on the motherboard of the laptop. Hence if the motherboard of the laptop is having some problems, the laptop will not charge. Therefore get the motherboard checked and if found faulty, get it replaced.

I received the replacement for the connecting terminal which I changed and now the laptop gets charged without any problem. The connecting terminal was damaged due to the frequent plugging in and plugging out of the adapter which was solved by replacing the connecting terminal. Thanks for all the help provided.

I'm having same problem with my t43, it works w/ battery, but the battery will not charge and the unit will not work if it is only plugged in w/ no battery, I have two of these, so i can charge the batter in the other one.
    you called the part connecting terminal, do you have a part number for this, or can you be more spesific and or send me a link to the part. THanks

Quote Originally Posted by mycaddigo View Post
    I'm having same problem with my t43, it works w/ battery, but the battery will not charge and the unit will not work if it is only plugged in w/ no battery, I have two of these, so i can charge the batter in the other one.
    you called the part connecting terminal, do you have a part number for this, or can you be more spesific and or send me a link to the part. THanks
    Can you please specify properly what kind of problem are you facing? I think that the battery is not charging if you try to charge it from you laptop, is that what you are saying? If that is the case then it probably is a battery issue. Try to connect it to some similar laptop model and check whether it is charging or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I don't know how I can be any more clear. Read my question again. The latptop works on battery power, but the battery will not charge, and the unti will not turn on with out a batter even if its plugged in. Its not a battery problem at all. Take your time and read next time before you respond.