Thread: Lenovo T40 Fan error

Lenovo T40 Fan error

I have a T40 now for 4 years. This morning I turned on and three seconds after I put "Fan error" s and extinguished it. I try again with and without battery. Nothing nor done Unable to start it turns off by itself after a few seconds without starting. Is there any idea about the Lenovo T40 Fan error, because if you have any idea related to this then please reply?

Re: Lenovo T40 Fan error

Well, problem with my T40p. Every time at startup it gives me an error message and sends it on the bios, after a message asking me to check the time and date. I changed the time he wants to start. A priori it is not too serious, I must change the battery on the motherboard. Others have the same concern (there are a lot of old T4x now!)? You confirm the diagnosis and the right part?

Oh it's more than praise; it is a true declaration of love to the attention of my ThinkPad. After 4 years of faithful, except for a trifle of change of CM in the first year and SD after 3 years, it still works well. But mostly this is not the sustainability of the performance or reliability is flawless ergonomics and extreme ease of use.

I have just been given the diagnosis for my T40 change the fan assembly. They ask me 175 Euros for it which should remove the 19 Euros diagnosis. I have the impression that it is too expensive. But the problem is that I am unable to change it myself. But a fan bought directly from Lenovo costs 25 €. View topic Living Well with his Thinkpad. It's stupid to change; there are some screws to remove the wrist rest, the keyboard, the keyboard bezel and 4 screws for the fan € 175 for a room at 25 € and not even one quarter hour of work.

I received the battery to the motherboard, and for that change I have remove that. The problem is: after removing the screws, push forward to unclip. And then I push, and it did not opened with a twist. I just managed to snatch the keys. There's something special that I missed perhaps? If you can help me then I will be really thankful.