Thread: DisplayPort to HDMI adapter not working

DisplayPort to HDMI adapter not working

I am running windows 7 operating system on my Lenovo ThinkPad T500. I want to use an external monitor on this T500 laptop but it is not detecting it. I am using HDMI cable and have the displayport to hdmi adapter. HDMI cable is running from the that to an external monitor.

Re: DisplayPort to HDMI adapter not working

Keep your existing monitor while using a DisplayPort source with the DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter from Dell. This adapter lets you connect your source to an HDMI monitor. It saves time and money by simplifying your connectivity applications. Makes DisplayPort HDMI backward compatible with your monitor. And benefits that you get is cable easy to use, no software required.

There could be something wrong with an adapter itself as even if you have setup as an external monitor properly with the laptop. I suggest you to check your adapter to use it with some other monitor or some other computer system and then check that is it working or not. Most probably it should be working but there could be some other problem as well.

Keep your existing monitor while using a DisplayPort source with the DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter from Dell. This adapter lets you connect your source to an HDMI monitor. It saves time and money by simplifying your connectivity applications. This cable has been tested and validated on Dell systems and is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.

I think you need to get help from an engineer as nobody here know which cable you are using but anyway i know that it would be a cable for Displayport to HDMI but still it could happen that you have installed the setup in a wrong way and hence you would not be able to use this external monitor.

Make sure that an adapter which you are using on your computer system is applicable according to your setup. Actually there are many adapter provided in the market out of which you might have chosen the wrong one. So first confirm it with some engineer that is it really can work with your computer system or not.