Thread: My Thinkpad T61 not powering up

My Thinkpad T61 not powering up

My Thinkpad T61 just died up recently. What I did I had recharged the laptop to full battery. Then for travel I carried the same. I worked well for some 2 hours then popped out power warning. It got hanged in between due to some files which I was downloading. It was not also closing so to fix that I removed the battery and then put that back again. But after that the laptop is not powering up at all. If this does not fix then what are the other laptop I should go for which can give me long battery life.

Re: My Thinkpad T61 not powering up

You might have blowned up your power chip on your motherboard. You must never done that. Because directly removing your battery from your motherboard can also kill your hard drive. Now the best option stays for you is to send that laptop to service center for repair. The best thing is to show that to some technician first which can tell you where is the exact issue.

My laptop was not powering up so I flashed my BIOS. But that trick worked for me. I had did that with the help of my friend who is a hardware engineer. The laptop is not working and powering up. I had changed my battery and added a new power adapter. Nothing issue till now and the battery if also giving up a good time now. You might have to look for something similar

If your laptop is under warranty then send that to the service center for repair. It will be repaired for free. there might be some major damage in your system. There are two possibilities. First the battery is dead or the power chip on the motherboard is blowned out. Do not again attach the laptop to the power outlet for charging. Just show the same to a repair center.

Try out a new battery for the same. A change in battery can give you some help but that is not sure weather it will work or not. And the other thing which you can lookout for is a good technical support which you must get on laptop. Because the technical support will offers you instant solution for any hardware failure on your system. This is a major hardware fault.

I am using Acer TravelMate 6292 system. This laptop offers you a biometric fingerprint reader which is not requried feature on the same. Now talking about the connectivity there is a WiFi 802.11 a / b / g, Bluetooth 2, memory card reader 5 in 1, it comes with Windows Vista Business. The product is guaranteed for a range of approximately 7 hours with batteries 7 cells.

If you are looking for a really long battery life in laptop series then you must go for Lenovo Thinkpad X Series Tablet system. There is a little difference between the Thinkpad X Series Tablet and its predecessor, except of course the function Tablet PC screen swivel in all directions. By the way, it takes a few extra grams but still no drives or CD / DVD. This model comes with Windows Vista Business.