Thread: Battery replacement of Lenovo T42.

Battery replacement of Lenovo T42.

I never had any kind of problem with my battery. I do have other problems. I cannot deal with them, so I decided to buy a new, and they have an anniversary sale. But now I am thinking I was overconfident related to that issue. I have bought this old Lenovo T42 that is having the battery problem that I not able to fix. Hence I am looking for battery replacement of Lenovo T42.

Re: Battery replacement of Lenovo T42.

The manufacturer Lenovo has announced the establishment of a free exchange program to replace defective batteries used in some models of ThinkPad notebooks. Here there is no risk of explosion or burns, but just a problem related to the autonomy of the batteries. If you have a ThinkPad T60, T61, R60, R61, X60 or X61 that your computer displays an abnormally low autonomy and / or you are a victim like error "Damage cannot be repaired" or "The battery can be responsible, "it may be that your battery is part of ThinkPad models defective.

The Li-Ion 9 cell Lenovo N100 Series lets you power your laptop anytime and anywhere. You can extend the service life of your laptop with you, carrying a spare battery fully charged. This rechargeable battery high capacity Lenovo ensures autonomy of 5.0 hours. It can replace the original system battery or as a backup battery.

According to me you should go for the replacement. The ThinkPad T42 is an ultraportable IBM Lenovo. Its main features are similar to the second generation of Netbooks in effect with the 4 cell battery; it weighs 1.2 kg or roughly the same as MSI Wind, but has a 12 inch well above most netbooks, while a 1.4 GHz Dothan Pentium Celeron and Atoms superior to the latter.

Your must also test them because for me, on both machines available, the wifi did not work anymore on who had the best screen (in any case I planned to change the wireless card - but I did not risked taking it if the problem was the port mini-pci or antennas). In any case it was the first time I bought an ultra-portable that was not new or stocking, and I think it's the last time it was really used it too risky.

The long battery life increases the autonomy of 1h30. In return, the increasing weight of 250 g, and length of 2.6 cm. I use more often, however, the old battery to lighten the X40 - I plan to buy a new addition to boost the autonomy. At the same time as the battery I bought a mini-adapter on Ebay really lighter than the original.

The Thinkpad is incredibly fast with this card MacOSX: boot in 10 seconds, shutdown in 1s, everything is instant and with complete silence. The only drawback: the autonomy has not increased and may even be lower because unlike the 1.8 inch hard drive, the compact flash is always on - my autonomy has tended to fall for surfing on the internet.