Thread: How to replace hard drive for Lenovo T42

How to replace hard drive for Lenovo T42

I have a laptop (IBM Lenovo ThinkPad. IBM (Lenovo) does not deliver CD / DVD-ROM on which are engraved restore the OS drivers. The OS drivers are in a hidden partition on the hard drive, a priori, is inaccessible. How do, so no CD / DVD-ROM restoration, to replace the original hard disk, extremely slow by a larger hard drive Swift? In short I want to know how to replace hard drive for Lenovo T42.

Re: How to replace hard drive for Lenovo T42

Use an external enclosure to retrieve your data on a third PC. Then, format it in order to possibly reuse it externally. However, I do not know how this system of "hidden partition" and how much it blocks the hard disk. Otherwise, have you tried to change the display settings of hidden files on each disk partition?

I had the same problem, but now I gallery walkthrough I found the ultimate! While you purchased an external 2.5 enclosure you took your old HDD and you do with a Ghost with PC cloner, other software of its kind. I had to do it on my ultra portable because I have no CD drive! To switch from 4200rpm hitachi end of life 7K60 brand new! I'm really board PC cloner the simplest kind of software. Of course we need a second PC to use the software and USB 2 Ghost AC takes no more than 3 hours to complete the transaction.

I have an IBM ThinkPad A31 30GB hard drive home. I want to change but knowing the reputation of IBM ThinkPad, I tried to get informed it seems that this is not possible on some model because the original hard drive would be "secure" in order not to be changed. Unless I hear my hard drive sometimes "freeze" and I know this symptom.

I have often changed on HP or Dell. In general the only issue (which is not one) is to remove the adapter between the IDE connector of the PC and original hard disk. It usually takes micro screwdriver friends are relatively easy to do. For cloning there are adapters to mount this type of disc on a PC tower.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Cloning is already done but had to leave his well I rather be on the ThinkPad does not start up mode locking! I would do the test today! In any case, I keep the original disk intact so if it is locked (sniff) I will try to put it in the notebook, hoping that this will change anything in eprom performing the material locks.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Well, I can confirm that everything went well, the 30GB drive is replaced by a 120GB. For what was the dismantling of the hard disk cannot just not be simpler, a drawer beast can extract the HD. Did you find this drawer where I have the DVD, the floppy drive but I have not found one of the HDD?