Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400s performing slow

Lenovo ThinkPad T400s performing slow

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T400s on which i have installed 64 bit windows 7 operating system. And it has a 64 Gb Solid state drive. I am facing some problems on this laptop such as it works very much slow when i use Microsoft Word on it or while Microsoft office 2003 Word and Excel. What could be the reason behind its slow performance?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400s performing slow

Actually the performance of the Lenovo ThinkPad T400s or any laptop depends on the RAM provided in it. The bigger size of memory your computer has the faster it can perform. As you have not provided the RAM size of your laptop so you may check that according to the programs and applications running on your laptop.

Another reason for laptop performing slow could be an infection on the hard disk. Actually if your computer system has been infected by any viruses then those viruses would be running some processes on the background which would be consuming most of the CPU memory of your laptop and because of which an application which you are running does not get an enough processor which results in the slow performance.

I suggest you scan your whole computer by using any good anti virus software and i guess there would be some kind of virus on your laptop for sure and due to which your computer is not able to perform up to its maximum limit. I have provided you the link from where you can download an AVAST ANTI VIRUS which is good software to secure your windows system from an infections.

Simple way to check the performance of your computer system is to keep on checking your task manager. Actually Task Manager can show you all the processes which are running on your computer. You should always close all the programs running on your computer system and then open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Now check that which process is taking big amount of CPU and that process indicates to which program so that you can come to know that because of which your computer gets slow.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Actually when your computer system starts performing slow then there are several problems that can cause this problem. One could be the hard disk that if your hard disk filled up to its maximum limit or it is about to get filled up to maximum size then your computer gets very much loaded and it results in the slow performance as your hard disk's lens takes bit more time to access a particular data.

Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers. Twenty-eight standard benchmark tests are available in six test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

i have similar problem. My T400s is top configuration (4 gigs of RAM, 128 GB SSD drive, W7 64bit) but it is just pain sometimes (sorry for language). i think it has something to do with disk operations so it is either poor disk performance, or incompatible HW somehow or poor performance of drive controller or somehow combination of T400s and W7 is not such a win win situation.

Basically, the computer is basically unusable if some process is doing some intensive hard drive operations (like installing new software etc). Let's say I have open browser and installing some SW development application, then the application is installing ok but browser becomes unresponsive - other apps as well. I have older Dell at home and it doesn't have these kind of problems. Any ideas guys?

Might be the cause of CPU usage / consumption. This problem also occurs when the ram is very low. What is the RAM size and harddisk on your laptop ? Anyways, what i can suggest you is make sure that no unwanted process are running in the background and eating up your CPU while you are installing some applications or so. This is what i do. I always use to check the task manager which processes are running, if it found something useless, i use to kill them.

Do look for the system. All you need to checkout for a threat. You need to check out by scanning the application well by processing that is needed. It will be better for you as essential which is needed. So do look as needed which would be better for you and process as needed so do look out to make the desired as needed.