Thread: Problems in Lenovo Thinkpad T400s

Problems in Lenovo Thinkpad T400s

I am using Lenovo Thinkpad T400s and its been just a four month that i have bought this laptop and i am quite disappointed by its manufacturing. Actually its screen wobbles sometime and i guess the reason for this is silver hinge on the right side has become loose.
    Another poor manufacturing i have seen in this laptop is a DVD driver which start vibrating against the whole laptop when it runs at its maximum speed.

Re: Problems in Lenovo Thinkpad T400s

Even i am a Lenovo Thinkpad T400s user and my problem is much annoying as my laptop does not starts. Actually my laptop is not showing the finger print reader and the power button does nothing. And one more problem is that The last problem is that the CPU makes a high frequency nigh. So what should i do to solve this problem.

I have seen that there is a small black sticker provided on the back side of the hinge which you need to remove and then you can tight those screws which would not be causing any problem regarding the screen in further time but only problem is that your laptop's warranty will get void. So i guess you must not do such modifications just to tight screws as you can use your laptop's warranty for anymore critical problems.

Honestly, I am not a technical person and does not know much things about the laptops but i guess i can solve your DVD drive's vibrating problem and it is a very much cheap solution which will not be voiding your laptop warranty. Actually you just have to make some paper packing which you need to put on and an under the DVD drive which will fit your laptop's dvd driver tightly with the surroundings and it will not be vibrating against your laptop. But if your DVD drive would be vibrating so hard then it might happen that your whole laptop vibrates but not only drive.

Yes it becomes very annoying problem when your laptop does not start at all but i guess there would not be any big problem because of which your laptop will not be able to start so you must at least try to solve it by removing your laptop's battery and then wait for a minute and then put it back in place again. Now check that it can start or not. I have solved this kind of problems by doing the same and you may even try to start your laptop just from an adapter that is starting without battery.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have seen one problem about this Lenovo Thinkpad series is that the CPU makes a high frequency nigh and i guess the proble is regarding an Intel C2D chips. There is only one thing that you can do is to throttle the CPU down in power manager.

Apart from putting the paper lock on the surrounding of DVD drive on your laptop you may use something like self adhesive foam which would be a better solution in the long run. Though i have never seen this kind of issue with any laptops but still it might happen that unluckily you have got wrong piece of laptop.